Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching For Intel's DRM Driver

Phoronix: Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching For Intel's DRM Driver

A patch-set has been published that provides Dynamic Refresh Rate Switching (DRRS) support for Intel's DRM Linux graphics driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

From what I gather, this is G-sync without that G-sync chip. Or am I wrong?

Comment

It's a power saving feature that's been available on laptops for a long time. You can lower the refresh rate to save power by reducing the display clock if the system is idle.

Comment

Originally posted by agd5f View Post
        It's a power saving feature that's been available on laptops for a long time. You can lower the refresh rate to save power by reducing the display clock if the system is idle.
        I thought this is pretty new, even on windows? Since when is it available?

Comment

I was wondering if this also works with your normal monitor output.
          My Full HD monitor supports a range between 56-75Hz and some also supports 24Hz.

Comment

Can any of the devs chime in and tell me what the difference is between this and the intel module parameter "lvds_downclock" ?
            All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

Even if it isn't G-sync, it sounds like it could be hacked into a G-sync-like capability if the display can change refresh rates fast enough.

Comment

Working...
              X