AMD Radeon R9 290 On Ubuntu 14.04 With Catalyst Can Beat Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    In a way, who cares? Almost nobody is gaming on Windows using opengl. It would be interesting to compare d3d games that have opengl linux counterparts. I bet linux would come up short.
    It would then make the benchmarks inaccurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
      It would then make the benchmarks inaccurate.
      No, it wouldn't. It would show what sort of performance you can expect on Windows vs what sort of performance you can expect on linux.

I'm not saying these benchmarks are of no interest. It's nice to see how linux driver performrance compares to windows driver performance. But I'm more interested in seeing how Windows performance more generally compares against linux performance.

Comment

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
        No, it wouldn't. It would show what sort of performance you can expect on Windows vs what sort of performance you can expect on linux.

I'm not saying these benchmarks are of no interest. It's nice to see how linux driver performrance compares to windows driver performance. But I'm more interested in seeing how Windows performance more generally compares against linux performance.
        Linux driver performance vs Windows driver performance? That's an easy one. On Linux, glxgears runs at 300 FPS. On Windows, Dota 2 runs at 40 FPS. Clearly the Linux driver is more performant.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
          Linux driver performance vs Windows driver performance? That's an easy one. On Linux, glxgears runs at 300 FPS. On Windows, Dota 2 runs at 40 FPS. Clearly the Linux driver is more performant.
          That sounds right. It's not even relative to the card used. Just any AMD card gives those numbers. Amazing, really.

Comment

Working...
          X