Open-Source Radeon HD 6000 Series Still Borked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazycheese View Post
    I assume you work via freedesktop.. Do you have some sort of debugging pool - a list with task and detailed instructions, so users with cards can perform the tests and report. Some sort of distributed debug pool. Many people do not program, but many have the hardware to test.
    I know about fedora on this subject btw.
    In the first post of my PPA I added some instructions on how to debug problems. But what do you mean exactly with I assume you work via freedesktop and distributed debug pool? I only provide these packages and feedback through the forum, there is nothing more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
      In the first post of my PPA I added some instructions on how to debug problems. But what do you mean exactly with I assume you work via freedesktop and distributed debug pool? I only provide these packages and feedback through the forum, there is nothing more than that.
      Yes, Im aware. I use gentoo though, but I will be able to apply thanks to you keeping the revision logs. With "debug pool" I mean a pool, similar to current bug pool on freedesktop, that would list the tasks to perform(and instruction on how) some test on current drivers, directed to people that use open drivers but have no possiblilty to program the changes. Ie, bringing hackers and users together.

Comment

6) wine (sometimes, 2d and 3d - say fallout2 and painkiller)
        I'm still searching a way to keep 32bit mesa and libdrm in sync with the main 64bit driver. On debian I do use multiarch xserver/mesa from xorg-edgers ppa and dpkg from 'pu/multiarch/full' branch (but natty already ships it), fedora already has multiarch since 6 years, but what about gentoo? multilib overlay sucks, nobody keeps the mesa/libdrm/xf86-video-ati 9999 ebuilds in sync and they simply don't work. Also, if you use external overlays you can forgot about ia32 because multilib is not in portage and so nobody has to take care of it.

P.S.
        oibaf, do you plan to support multiarch in your ppa?

7) monitor support
        I have a professional ultra wide gamut (107% of AdobeRGB) 30" 2560x1600 monitor, it should be enough

Also,
        9) How does performance compare when using an old dual core (Athlon64 X2 3800+) vs the most powerful cpu available (Sandy Bridge 2500K)? It will be one of my first tests, I want to know how much cpu limited is R600g.
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
          I'm still searching a way to keep 32bit mesa and libdrm in sync with the main 64bit driver. On debian I do use multiarch xserver/mesa from xorg-edgers ppa and dpkg from 'pu/multiarch/full' branch (but natty already ships it), fedora already has multiarch since 6 years, but what about gentoo? multilib overlay sucks, nobody keeps the mesa/libdrm/xf86-video-ati 9999 ebuilds in sync and they simply don't work. Also, if you use external overlays you can forgot about ia32 because multilib is not in portage and so nobody has to take care of it.
          Heh, sounds like more like lack of manpower and interest to me. Sure someone would jump-in, matter of time. Perhaps even me

I have a professional ultra wide gamut (107% of AdobeRGB) 30" 2560x1600 monitor, it should be enough

Also,
          9) How does performance compare when using an old dual core (Athlon64 X2 3800+) vs the most powerful cpu available (Sandy Bridge 2500K)? It will be one of my first tests, I want to know how much cpu limited is R600g.
          Nice!
          I guess the main problem is currently very unoptimized, very cpu bound opengl extensions.. At least when I had 4770, supertuxkart had used cpu massively. Not to the state of complete cpu fallback, but still.

Comment

Hey Q, clean your PM box

Comment

Perhaps even me
              That would be really awesome, I reported multilib related bugs lots of times but nobody ever cared. First thing to do should be porting mesa-9999 ebuild in sync with the x11 overlay one, otherwise it's completely useless (it lacks tons of use flags and much more). Also libdrm-9999 didn't work last time I tried.
              ## VGA ##

Comment

What I do is use 'ebuild unpack', then configure, make and install the 32-bit stuff by hand. It's a bit kinky, but works well.

The only problem is that mesa seems to demand llvm nowadays. I haven't been able to compile it without llvm, and I'm not going to compile 32-bit llvm from scratch.

Actually, it should only be needed for r300g, not for r600g, but autogen dies now and refuses to proceed, regardless of configure options.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                  If you are using my PPA these warnings are showed because I build mesa with --enable-debug. These are probably errors in the application, and should be reported to Uningine.

This looks indeed a problem with the glsl-to-tgsi branch which I am currently merging in the PPA.

EDIT: I reported this to Bryan Cain, hopefully he will fix it.
                  Thanks for reporting it! I've pushed a fix to the glsl-to-tgsi branch on fd.o and GitHub which increases the maximum number of temps from 256 to 4096.

Comment

Where can I buy the "Watts up? Pro" UO version (100v - 250v, 15 amp, 50/60 Hz)? Shipping to Italy does cost more than 100$ from the official site
                    ## VGA ##

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
                      hey hey it was my testing but yes oibaf is very helpfull.
                      Okay, thanks to you too!

Comment

Working...
                      X