Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ObscureAngelPT View Post
    This would be great.
    At least all the source engine games will finnaly work great on the AMD and Intel GPU's.

BTW, how do i update the llvmpipe?
    I need it for OGL3.0 support on my HD 7850
    There's an LLVM PPA for Debian-based distros (e.g. Ubuntu):

Once you've updated llvm and installed the headers, you still need to rebuild mesa against the newer llvm version.

Comment

Mesa10 seems to be useless IMO if Radeon an Nvidia cant take advantage of it? an ya wonder why people still install the blob Nvidia an Catalyst drivers
      Last edited by Anvil; 01 December 2013, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Calinou View Post
        Nouveau gets help from NVIDIA since a few weeks. There is GPU Core reclocking in Linux 3.13 for Fermi/Kepler GPUs (no VRAM reclocking though, so the performance boost is small).
        That's a huge overstatement. It's more to the likes of "NVIDIA throws the Noveau devs some bread crumbs here and there so users aren't left with completely useless desktops". As soon as just a little bit of info on reclocking was requested, the NVIDIA guy got very reserved, basically saying "hmm, we'll have to think very hard about a solution where you can somehow get better power management, without us releasing any hw specs"

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
          Mesa10 seems to be useless IMO if Radeon an Nvidia cant take advantage of it? an ya wonder why people still install the blob Nvidia an Catalyst drivers
          Doubling performance is "useless"? Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
            Doubling performance is "useless"? Ok.
            Mesa10 is only really better for intel users . AFAIK an have read a bit that Mesa10 does not incorporate many if any advantages that Nouveau or Radeon people can take advantage of until the Radeon an Nouveau drivers themselves can take advantage of this New stuff in Mesa10

Comment

Originally posted by Anvil View Post
              Mesa10 is only really better for intel users . AFAIK an have read a bit that Mesa10 does not incorporate many if any advantages that Nouveau or Radeon people can take advantage of until the Radeon an Nouveau drivers themselves can take advantage of this New stuff in Mesa10
              Then you haven't been paying attention. You're wrong. Look again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
                That's a huge overstatement. It's more to the likes of "NVIDIA throws the Noveau devs some bread crumbs here and there so users aren't left with completely useless desktops". As soon as just a little bit of info on reclocking was requested, the NVIDIA guy got very reserved, basically saying "hmm, we'll have to think very hard about a solution where you can somehow get better power management, without us releasing any hw specs"
                I like how they submitted pretty much the same documentation that the nouveau guys were aware already of through reverse-engineering

Comment

Actually, it depends on many things : performance improvements are only for the newest intel graphics and only for 2 out of 5 linux games, a little bit older intel graphics (not so old, because is still supported by intel in wndows 8.1) doesnt get any noticeable performance improvements, plus if we would choose other 3/5 linux games, not those useless games that no one plays and somehow still being tested oh phoronix, then performance is terrible, even windows versions of those games running with wine has better performance than native linux versions, not to mention that on windows you get like 3-4 times more fps, i.e. 15 fps on linux and 45-60 fps on windows.

Comment

I smell a trolling attempt. Let's analyze the facts:

Originally posted by startzz View Post
                    ...performance improvements are only for the newest intel graphics...
                    Ok, so you're saying that the performance improvements in the Mesa 10 are only applicable to somewhat newer hardware, that's fair.

Originally posted by startzz View Post
                    ...even windows versions of those games running with wine has better performance than native linux versions...
                    If the same game running on the same hardware using the same drivers performs better under wine, how's that got anything to do with Mesa? If anything it shows differences in optimizations in the game itself

Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                      I smell a trolling attempt. Let's analyze the facts:

Ok, so you're saying that the performance improvements in the Mesa 10 are only applicable to somewhat newer hardware, that's fair.

If the same game running on the same hardware using the same drivers performs better under wine, how's that got anything to do with Mesa? If anything it shows differences in optimizations in the game itself

Nice try, but you'll have to do better than that.
                      Go home dude, ur drunk. I just stated FACT, that overall gaming performance on linux with intel graphics still is unacceptable. It has to do with mesa in this way - mesa still sucks. I see, that "trolling" u kids call what is hard for you to understand and u are not fanboy of those facts.

Comment

Working...
                      X