Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT 2004 from Windows version

Hello.

I bought a DVD with pack of Unreal games, and there's Unreal Tournament 2004 too. But all games are Windows-version (there are archives with games on DVD and a windows installer). I want to play this game on my linux machine. Can I install the game (using wine) and then make a linux version work on top of it (copying files, etc.)? I heard that on standard version of UT2004 there's a linux installer on the disk...

Originally posted by Wielkie G View Post
    Hello.

I bought a DVD with pack of Unreal games, and there's Unreal Tournament 2004 too. But all games are Windows-version (there are archives with games on DVD and a windows installer). I want to play this game on my linux machine. Can I install the game (using wine) and then make a linux version work on top of it (copying files, etc.)? I heard that on standard version of UT2004 there's a linux installer on the disk...
    It's not necessary to do all that. Just insert the DVD in the linux pc, go to the linux binary in the DVD, and execute it. It'll run the installation program for linux. Another probably better thing would be to download a newer linux binary of ut2k4, with the latest patch.

Comment

Originally posted by Wielkie G View Post
      Hello.

Yeah, sadly you got unreal anthology right? Same here, which means you have to do a lot of work to get it going.

Heres a little guide.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=394706

Comment

Thanks a lot! I didn't find .cab files (but some .bin, maybe same? But unshield didn't work...), but I copied files from windows installed version and it works great ;]

Comment

Working...
        X