Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Humble Bundle For Linux, Android

Phoronix: Another Humble Bundle For Linux, Android

Humble Bundle Inc has launched the "Humble Bundle with Android 5", while a focus on mobile platforms, the selection of games are also supported on Linux, OS X, and Windows...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Cool games. Played Dungeons a bit already in my spare time (I made sme spare time!). Nice time waster.

Instead of drawing me in, the voiceover is scaring me away, but I had already bought my bundle so it's all sweet.
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
      Cool games. Played Dungeons a bit already in my spare time (I made sme spare time!). Nice time waster.

Instead of drawing me in, the voiceover is scaring me away, but I had already bought my bundle so it's all sweet.
      SH looks fun not sure about the others any critique on the games? I am still not sure I want to purchase another half ported bundle so please let us know how everything is working..

Comment

the voiceover is scaring me away, but I had already bought my bundle so it's all sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by nightmarex View Post
          SH looks fun not sure about the others any critique on the games? I am still not sure I want to purchase another half ported bundle so please let us know how everything is working..
          Dungeon Defence is a pretty multi-playable Android-based (not sure of other platforms) tower/base defence styled game where you have a hero (knight, monk, wizard, ranger) with various abilities for your playing style, and you pick up treasure, shoot/bash mobs before they get to your base crystal and level up which then allows you to improve a couple of skills. Get some mana (money) to buy more betterer stuff. Apparently upgrading is far more econimical than repairing, too because it nets you a free repair.

Differant playstyle. Not sure about the controls on Android devices, as its a game that would work FAR better on a KB and mosue or controller, but I am seriously biased to KB/M anyway =D

Solar 2 is another unique game if you couldn't tell from the video. You start life as a small asteroid and you increase your mass by smashing, fast, in to other asteroids of similar size. You are extremely mobile at this point. When you reach a certain level of mass, you upgrade in to an improved version and can take on larger asteroids. You do that a couple of times and you can then upgrade in to planet. But, you lose mass if you hit something, or fail to collide and integrate. You can obtain asteroids for attacking other planetoids by gravitating near them and they in turn can upgrade in to planets. Then a planet with lifeforms which provides you with an attack/defense. This goes on until you upgrade in to a sun =D You can ultimately have multiple suns, but this seriously degrades your mobility but you can handle dozens of planets! Nothing more amusing than smashing an entire solar system in to another!

As for the others I haven't played them yet. They all look genuinely interesting, but that's very subjective, now, ay =)
          Hi

Comment

Under Arch Linux 64 bit / Xfce, on a Core i3 550:
            - Super Hexagon: works very well, but much too hard.
            - beat hazard ultra: works very well (except it only shows basic ascii characters in filenames when you choose a song.)
            - dynamite jack: works fine.
            - Solar 2: at first it failed to open a correct display, but worked on the second launch. Works very well.
            - Nightsky HD: does not work, is stuck on the (invisible) menu screen with 100% CPU usage.

Edit: personnaly I probably won’t be playing any of those, unless Nightsky gets a bug fix, Super Hexagon gets an easier mode, and/or I understand why Solar 2 does not react to my key presses to “assimilate” asteroids…
            Last edited by stqn; 06 March 2013, 05:45 PM.

Comment

They're all working for me on Android 4.1 (Galaxy SIII) and Mint 14 x64 with nVidia blob.
              Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Rantpaste
                That's the idea I love this game.
                Well I’m a bit disappointed there’s not a single interesting/playable game in this bundle… A game where you lose after 5 seconds is not my idea of fun. At least I didn’t give the developers any money.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
                  Dungeon Defence is a pretty multi-playable Android-based (not sure of other platforms) tower/base defence styled game where you have a hero (knight, monk, wizard, ranger) with various abilities for your playing style, and you pick up treasure, shoot/bash mobs before they get to your base crystal and level up which then allows you to improve a couple of skills. Get some mana (money) to buy more betterer stuff. Apparently upgrading is far more econimical than repairing, too because it nets you a free repair.

Differant playstyle. Not sure about the controls on Android devices, as its a game that would work FAR better on a KB and mosue or controller, but I am seriously biased to KB/M anyway =D

Solar 2 is another unique game if you couldn't tell from the video. You start life as a small asteroid and you increase your mass by smashing, fast, in to other asteroids of similar size. You are extremely mobile at this point. When you reach a certain level of mass, you upgrade in to an improved version and can take on larger asteroids. You do that a couple of times and you can then upgrade in to planet. But, you lose mass if you hit something, or fail to collide and integrate. You can obtain asteroids for attacking other planetoids by gravitating near them and they in turn can upgrade in to planets. Then a planet with lifeforms which provides you with an attack/defense. This goes on until you upgrade in to a sun =D You can ultimately have multiple suns, but this seriously degrades your mobility but you can handle dozens of planets! Nothing more amusing than smashing an entire solar system in to another!

As for the others I haven't played them yet. They all look genuinely interesting, but that's very subjective, now, ay =)
                  Some of these games are very exciting.. I have been playing for a while and I can say most of the games are best. Looking to play for games

Comment

Working...
                  X