No announcement yet.

Radeon Gallium on ubuntu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, i have two questions on the results produced by glxgears with r300g driver from git. Does anyone know what can cause `glxgears -fullscreen` to go in the left bottom corner in small proportion as such:

And for the other matter it seems that there is something blocking the limit of the refrash rate of 'glxgears' on 60 FPS (not fullscreen). I wouldn't mind that but the constant Xorg crashes when using google-earth seem to be somehow connected.
    Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by zand View Post
      Hello, i have two questions on the results produced by glxgears with r300g driver from git. Does anyone know what can cause `glxgears -fullscreen` to go in the left bottom corner in small proportion as such:
      Testing with r600c I see that my old system glxgears behaves like that, but one built/run from the git repo behaves properly.

And for the other matter it seems that there is something blocking the limit of the refrash rate of 'glxgears' on 60 FPS (not fullscreen). I wouldn't mind that but the constant Xorg crashes when using google-earth seem to be somehow connected.
      Thanks.
      For r300 I think all you need to do is run with the env set like -

vblank_mode=0 glxgears

It's more complicated for r600 as you still get wait for vline sync unless you patch the driver.

If you want to disable permanently dri2 vsync make/edit .drirc in your home dir like -

Code:
      <driconf>
          <device screen="0" driver="dri2">
              <application name="Default">
                  <option name="vblank_mode" value="0" />
              </application>
          </device>
      </driconf>

Comment

• @legume: thanks, that solved the 'limit sync' matter. My .drirc looked like:
        Code:
        <driconf>
            <device screen="0" driver="r300">
                <application name="Default">
                    <option name="fthrottle_mode" value="2" />
                    <option name="vblank_mode" value="1" />
                    <option name="allow_large_textures" value="1" />
                </application>
            </device>
        </driconf>
        I'd like to learn more about those options for I'm experiencing another problem that could be connected. I cannot get pictures depicted in the pop-up windows in google-earth.

Comment

• Think I've found the answer to my question about dri options; driconf allows to modify them. Though I haven't figured out which of the two 'r300' or 'dri2' works better for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by zand View Post
            Think I've found the answer to my question about dri options; driconf allows to modify them. Though I haven't figured out which of the two 'r300' or 'dri2' works better for me.
            You can have two device sections in your .drirc. One for r300 and one for dri2. I think all apart from the vblank_mode should be under r300 - if you need them that is, for testing maybe no options so you get defaults would be best. But then I haven't got a r300, so don't know what people need to use.

Comment

• Does anybody know how I could use r600g from the xorg-edgers ppa?

Previously you needed an xorg.conf option but I think that was removed from the -ati driver. My only idea is to rename r600_dri.so in /usr/lib/dri so the r600g_dri.so would be used. I haven't tried it and would need to do that after every update.

What is the proper way to do this? Thanks for the help in advance!

Comment

• According to https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa, you have to add
                Option "ForceGallium" "True" to xorg.conf. This is the option that does not work?

Comment

• Originally posted by PapadakosPanagiotis View Post
                  According to https://launchpad.net/~xorg-edgers/+archive/ppa, you have to add
                  Option "ForceGallium" "True" to xorg.conf. This is the option that does not work?
                  Yes, I've read that but it was removed from the -ati ddx driver so I suppose it wouldn't work anymore.
                  Not to mention that I don't really want to have an xorg.conf file.

I have to admit, though, that I haven't tried it (seems pointless).

Comment

• Originally posted by HokTar View Post
                    Yes, I've read that but it was removed from the -ati ddx driver so I suppose it wouldn't work anymore.
                    Not to mention that I don't really want to have an xorg.conf file.
                    That option was distro specific and has never been in the upstream driver. r600c and r600g are drop in replacements for each other install whichever one you want at the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by agd5f View Post
                      That option was distro specific and has never been in the upstream driver. r600c and r600g are drop in replacements for each other install whichever one you want at the time.
                      No offense, but I was aware of that. The problem is that both drivers are in the libgl1-mesa-dri package and I don't know how to (properly) select the gallium one.

Comment

Working...
                      X