Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2900GT didn't work with both closed and open source driver

After I have updating from Fedora 8 to Fedora 12, screen are corrupted
    I tried to install the official driver from AMD website but unfortunately i get a "AMD Unsupported Hardware" with a poor performance start from CCC 9.1

I have also tried to install other linux distribution like ubuntu and zenwalk , but the AMD official driver still didn't work.

Now , I can't have a correct display with both closed source driver and open source driver(start from kernel 2.6.30)

Can anyone please help me

MY CARD : SAPPHIRE HD 2900GT

And lastly , sorry for my poor english

ATI still haven't gotten around to supporting the version of xorg fedora 12 is using, so unfortunately you might need to use Fedora 11. Fedora 12 will probably get support in a couple months (and no doubt after Fedora 13 is out)

Comment

Originally posted by Erikina View Post
      ATI still haven't gotten around to supporting the version of xorg fedora 12 is using, so unfortunately you might need to use Fedora 11. Fedora 12 will probably get support in a couple months (and no doubt after Fedora 13 is out)
      In fact I still can't use the ATI Official driver in Fedora 10 / Fedora 11 / CentOS 5 .
      The latest official driver that compatible with my 2900GT is 8.12 , which is too old and do not support new X.org

Comment

I found some interesting message from Xorg.0.log file
        (II) [KMS] drm report modesetting isn't supported.
        (II) RADEONHD(0): Card not in database: 0x9405:0x1002:0x2542; using generic modesetting.
        (--) RADEONHD(0): Detected an R600 on an unidentified card
        (WW) RADEONHD(0): DRMCPIdle: DRM CP IDLE returned BUSY!

Comment

Working...
        X