No announcement yet.

9-Way NVIDIA GeForce Linux OpenCL GPU Benchmarks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There really needs to be a 765. The price jump between the 760 and 770 is huge with the performance being notably better (not worth the extra $ IMO, though - the 760 is powerful enough to run most games well).

Comment

Originally posted by FourDMusic View Post
      There really needs to be a 765. The price jump between the 760 and 770 is huge with the performance being notably better (not worth the extra $ IMO, though - the 760 is powerful enough to run most games well).
      I wouldn't say a $60-70 difference in price is "huge". 760 MRSP is $260, 770 is $330. Certainly not a big enough gap to justify a 765.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        I wouldn't say a $60-70 difference in price is "huge". 760 MRSP is $260, 770 is $330. Certainly not a big enough gap to justify a 765.
        I'm just going off the newegg black friday sales. The 760 is listed as $240 and the 770 is $350.

Comment

These benchmarks would actually be helpful, if they contained AMD CPU and GPUs as well as Intel CPUs. Just Nvidia is pretty useless..

Comment

Originally posted by Asariati View Post
            These benchmarks would actually be helpful, if they contained AMD CPU and GPUs as well as Intel CPUs. Just Nvidia is pretty useless..
            If that was done, a midrange or low end AMD GPU would be mopping the floor with the Titan. It's always been that way with every OpenCL project I've run on BOINC, like Help Conquer Cancer, POEM@Home, MilkyWay@Home, and Einstein@Home.

Comment

Yeah, Nvidia's OpenCL is not good and CUDA is way better. Though having the numbers for comparison would be great and add some value to the article. Right now it's just a comparison of Nvidia cards with themself

Comment

Originally posted by FourDMusic View Post
                I'm just going off the newegg black friday sales. The 760 is listed as $240 and the 770 is $350.
                The 770 MRSP is 329 for the reference designs. A few places had them for $299 during black friday.

Comment

Working...
                X