Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Several FPS games are broken

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me here with this annoying issue. In both ETQW and Sauerbraten, my mouse has a regular tendency to "reset" itself to a specific spot on the screen. The spot changes from game to game, but the games are unplayable, because one second I'm aiming and firing someone, and the next second I'm suddenly pointing at the sky. Gah.

I tried searching about but found no solutions.

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can help me here with this annoying issue. In both ETQW and Sauerbraten, my mouse has a regular tendency to "reset" itself to a specific spot on the screen. The spot changes from game to game, but the games are unplayable, because one second I'm aiming and firing someone, and the next second I'm suddenly pointing at the sky. Gah.

I tried searching about but found no solutions.
    Vadi, are you using evdev for your mouse?

Comment

I have no idea. How can I check?

I suspect this issue is for quake-based games (although I wasn't able to find out if cube 2 is one). Savage 2 is working just fine.

Comment

I have no idea. How can I check?

I suspect this issue is for quake-based games (although I wasn't able to find out if cube 2 is one). Savage 2 is working just fine.
        in the mouse section of your xorg.conf it would say somthing like:

Section "InputDevice"
        Driver "evdev"
        Identifier "Mouse[1]"

Comment

This is the only section I have with a mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
          Identifier "Configured Mouse"
          Driver "mouse"
          Option "CorePointer"
          EndSection
          Can't find a mention of "evdev" in xorg.conf anywhere, but this is one of those new minimal ones, so I'm not sure.

Comment

I remember having this problem once. I suspect it's the mouse driver too. I remember it was specifically a quake one problem too.

Comment

@Vadi

It is the driver statement, if you want to use evdev then you may not use mouse but evdev.

Comment

Um... I don't know what do I want to use. I want to use something that works.

What is evdev? Should I try using that as the driver?

Comment

Um... I don't know what do I want to use. I want to use something that works.

What is evdev? Should I try using that as the driver?
                  Just curious Vadi. What distro are you using?

Comment

Hm, guess

I suspect this might've come from one of the numerous PPA's I've subscribed... my compiz is acting as if the mouse is being very twitchy (window previews flicker a bit, when resizing the window, the light-blue rectangle turns dark-blue...)

Comment

Working...
                    X