Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque 3D Game Engine Going Open-Source

Phoronix: Torque 3D Game Engine Going Open-Source

Torque 3D, the game engine that's been in development for more than one decade and premiered with the Tribes 2 game in 2001, is being released as open-source by GarageGames...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome!

Awesome!

Wow, it looks great! It looks stunning!
    It looks on par with Unreal Engine, Unigine, and CryEngine.
    Last edited by uid313; 10 September 2012, 03:05 PM.

Comment

For some reason I kept thinking of TORCS

Comment

The first edition; Torque Game Engine has Linux support, albeit this is an engine which hasen't been updated for like six years. Later iterations Torque Game Engine Advanced and Torque3D never had Linux support. This might change now but as it is this has very little Linux relevance.

Comment

revenge of the cats

there is a really cool game based on this engine, the sad thing is basically noone plays it -.-
          so please give it a try over at http://ethernet.wasted.ch/

Comment

Originally posted by oliver View Post
            For some reason I kept thinking of TORCS
            same here I was like "isn't this already open source...?"

Comment

Awesome! I used to live in Eugene Oregon (where Garage Games is) and almost got a internship there a few years ago It's great to see them supporting Linux and Open Source. I will try and contribute

Comment

at least is gona be open source that's nice!

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Awesome!

Wow, it looks great! It looks stunning!
                  It looks on par with Unreal Engine, Unigine, and CryEngine.
                  I'm sorry if I sound like a dick, but if THAT is their tech demo... it's lightyears behind any of those engines. At least graphically speaking.

Comment

Originally posted by BoTuLoX View Post
                    I'm sorry if I sound like a dick, but if THAT is their tech demo... it's lightyears behind any of those engines. At least graphically speaking.
                    meh, you'll have free access to the source; you can make Torque 3D do whatever the hell you want it to without paying royalties on profit over $50,000 for the UDK, $30,000 for a license of Unigen, or $1.2 million for a license of CryEngine 3.

Comment

Working...
                    X