FGLRX Catalyst and Resizing with Desktop Effects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes.

But even resizing with window contents not shown is slow. There's a lag from when you drop the handle and when the resizing actually occurs.

Solutions solutions solutions. We need some sort of work around. Anybody have an idea?

Comment

Switching cards is not an option. Thanks.

Comment

The problem exists in the leaked 9.2 as well.

Comment

In ccsm, go into the 'resize' plugin and try the different options. I think there's one called 'scale', which will resize the pixmap of the window until you stop resizing the windows, at which point you'll trigger a 'normal' resize. I can't confirm the exact option name as my system has bigger issues at the moment ...

Comment

I wonder in how many years AMD will fix this bug. If they'll fix it at all that is. Up till now, they don't seem to care much.

Comment

Qaridarium: please send me a link and I'll try it out.

dkasak: any solution for kwin4?

Comment

Qaridarium: http://www.sendspace.com/

Comment

Originally posted by zx2c4 View Post
                  dkasak: any solution for kwin4?
                  System Settings -> Look & Feel -> Window Behavior -> "Moving" tab.

You'll find the setting "Display content in resizing windows" there. It sucks that we have to do this though

On another note, if I logout of KDE 4 and then back in, fglrx stops providing 3D support. I have to reboot the machine to have composite and 3D in general working again. Can you confirm this?

Comment

If you're using Compiz, go into ccs and look for the "Resize Window" settings. Under the General tab there is a pull down menu that lets you set resize modes. If you set it to normal resizing eats up your CPU and the whole thing is slow; setting it to stretch "fixes" it but then you have to look at another silly effect while you resize (but then again, silly effects are the main reason to use Compiz ).

Comment

Originally posted by Melcar View Post
                      setting it to stretch "fixes" it
                      I don't think that'd solve the complaint of there being a lag between dropping the handle and the window being properly resized.

Comment

Working...
                      X