Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalyst 8.5 not compiling on Fedora 9

Hi All,

I just installed Fedora 9 and went to build the Catalyst 8.5 driver and got the below error.

sh ati-driver-installer-8-5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/F9
    Created directory fglrx-install.40l2J7
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing ATI Proprietary Linux Driver-8.493...........................................
    ==================================================
    ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
    ==================================================
    Generating package: Fedora/F9
    Package build failed!
    Package build utility output:
    error: %changelog entries must start with *
    Building target platforms: i386
    Building for target i386
    Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.40l2J7

Does anyone know what might be causing this issue?

same problem with fedora 8

check thread

Comment

Technical support and discussion of the open-source AMD Radeon graphics drivers.

You can skip the Suspending and resuming if you do
      ./ati-driver-installer-8-5-x86.x86_64.run --extract exp
      do the changes in the spec file and then
      ./ati-installer.sh 8-5 --buildpkg Fedora/F9

EDIT: Fixed that for F9 and I wanted to add that I only tested it on F8 (works like a charm), but it should work on F9, too.

Comment

i can compile it on FC9 no problem at all and i can even modprobe it alright... but when you start xorg... i throws
        (II) Loading /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so
        dlopen: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: miZeroLineScreenIndex

anyone ?

Comment

Originally posted by khakhovich View Post
          i can compile it on FC9 no problem at all and i can even modprobe it alright... but when you start xorg... i throws
          dlopen: /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/drivers//fglrx_drv.so: undefined symbol: miZeroLineScreenIndex

anyone ?
          I also have this problem on my Fedora 9.

Comment

Originally posted by khakhovich View Post

anyone ?

Yup, exact same problem for me, just installed F9, too. Argh.

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for your responses. I wanted to install the fglrx 8.5 because in F8, I could only get the power saving for the LCD to work when there was a fglrx driver installed [the driver that came with F8 didn't support power management]. The driver that comes with F9 seems to support power management, so I think I'm going to wait until 8.6 to try this again. Granted the above work arounds would have worked, I just feel that a typical user shouldn't have to do anything to get a driver installed other than run the installer package with the correct parameters. Maybe I'm hoping for to much, especially when the driver has to be installed/compiled in Linux.

Again, thanks for all the feedback, it is greatly appreciated!

Comment

You can install Catalyst 8.5 in Fedora 9 and all works good I think, You only have to downgrade Xorg to Xorg from Fedora 8 I installed drivers in this steps on my Fedora 9 and all works good:

*Downgrade Xorg:
                Please refer to post #135 and follow the instructions in the "TO INSTALL NEW" section. http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showpost.php?p=1021008&postcount=135 THE FOLLOWING IS NO LONGER NEEDED!!! Two weeks ago, I purchased my first speed demon...well for personal use anyways. I have setup and currently maintain countless quad-core and dual-quad-core servers all over the country. But this one for me! It is using the new 780i EVGA board with a Q6700 and an Nvidia 9600GT (yes I know the

*Next I installed new kernel 2.6.25.3-18 and reboot of course.
                *Next I installed Catalyst 8.5 in text mode

Next reboot and We have Catalyst 8.5 and 3d acceleration on Fedora 9 If ATI release drivers compatible with X Server 1.5 we will can very easy upgrade our Xorg via Yum to the latest version I think than it's the best solution for temporary using.
                Last edited by nadro; 23 May 2008, 05:39 AM.

Comment

i'm having same problem on Fedora 9 :-\

Comment

Working...
                  X