Reiser4 Gains Support For Discard On SSDs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deppman View Post
    When I see Reiser, file systems is the second thing that comes to mind. I suspect I am not alone.
    You share a mental commonality with people who have Tourette syndrome. Whereas their mental tics are obvious yours has been hidden until now.

Comment

It is an Ex FS

It has ceased to be.

Comment

the project leaders really need to change the name for this fs to regain any traction. When i see reiser, file systems is the second thing that comes to mind. I suspect i am not alone.
        redrum!

Comment

Originally posted by Slartifartblast View Post
          It has ceased to be.
          So many Phoronix readers are severely challenged by reality...

Comment

What is your point?

Originally posted by charlie View Post
            You share a mental commonality with people who have Tourette syndrome. Whereas their mental tics are obvious yours has been hidden until now.
            Please elaborate. I do not understand.

Comment

Please elaborate. I do not understand.
              He's saying that the way you think of (A) when you hear the name (B) is out of the norm and very unusual. These are random and involuntary and while it doesn't decrease your intellect, it does make you appear to be a little insane.

I don't know if I really agree with that description but he's right, making that comparison seems odd and out of place.

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                He's saying that the way you think of (A) when you hear the name (B) is out of the norm and very unusual. These are random and involuntary and while it doesn't decrease your intellect, it does make you appear to be a little insane.

I don't know if I really agree with that description but he's right, making that comparison seems odd and out of place.
                Thanks for the description. I don't think his analysis is correct though - more people probably learned about Hans because of his, um, "matrimonial behavior" than his FS. I asked my wife, and she remembered the sensational trial and knew nothing about the FS - although she did remember Reiser was a "famous Linux developer." Even if Reiser is still the primary contributor, it would make sense to distance themselves from the infamy, IMO.

I think this is less a case of a "tic" or out-of-place connection, but more of a sensitivity to all facets of a product - i.e. "multidimensional analysis." That's probably because I've been a prod designer and mgr for most of my life. A good name, one free of negative connotations, is important for the acceptance and success of a product.

Comment

Working...
                X