Radeon: Mesa 10.1 vs. Mesa Git On Ubuntu 14.04

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
    It's considered the standard GNU/Linux variant. Furthermore, other distributions are the same except for different combinations of different software versions. Testing other distro's would not add much value IMHO.
    Yeah sure mate. Unity, ditching wayland for Mir. That's what everybody calls standard.
    if you think M.L. tests everything on Ubuntu because it's the standard, pau$e and $tart thinking again.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
      Source?

Stop trolling and comment on topic

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
        Source?
        http://www.omgubuntu.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by lordheavy View Post
          Tried GPUTEST with my card.
          * mesa-git with llvm 3.5svn and kernel 3.15 and AMD PITCAIRN (7870) with AMD X6-1055T
          * All fullscreen 1920x1080

- Volplosion 1830 points (30 FPS)
          - Triangle 90806 (1513 FPS)
          - PixMark Piano 219 points (3 FPS)
          - Furmark 2441 points (40 FPS)

i think kernel with PTE give you a nice boost

bonaire hd7790 i5-3330

- Volplosion 1268
          - Triangle 137666
          - PixMark Piano 155
          - Furmark 1836

OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Originally posted by Rexilion View Post
            What is going on with the last 2 gputest benchmarks? software fallback?
            On my 6770 this tests show black screen and very high score, looks like they don't work on r600

Comment

Great article! Always wondered if there was a performance difference between 10.1 and 10.2 and whether to stick with stock Ubuntu 14.04 or upgrade via Oibaf PPA. Now I know the answers.

Thanks Michael!

Comment

Ubuntu is Linux. Linux is Ubuntu. So what? I'm very happy with Mir! I'm very happy with Wayland! I'm very happy with Unity! I'm very happy with Canonical. I'm very happy with Ubuntu! I'm very happy with openSUSE! I'm very happy with KDE! I'm very happy with XFCE! I'm very happy with LXDE! I'm very happy with Enlightenment! I'm very happy with Mesa! Linux Mint! Gentoo! Arch! Slackware! Unity HUD! GIMP! Mac! PhotoShop, although I couldn't afford one, let alone a Mac! (Insert your favorite Linux distribution)! (Insert your favorite Linux software)! (Insert your favorite Mac software)!

I suppose I'm happy with Windows 7 but not Windows 8 (flat-/plain-looking UI out of the box since I miss Aero Glass, but that's besides the point), but guys! I hope you get the idea that different operating systems and software programs mean a lot of things to different people. Everyone is different! Michael is different! He favors Ubuntu for gaming benchmarks. He's agnostic for general benchmarking. I favor elementary OS (a bit like Mac OS) as my Linux distribution of choice! I love Ubuntu because of the HUD, but I've started to love GNOME 3.10 and pantheon-based elementary OS more than Ubuntu since Ubuntu lacks the header bars that brings window controls to the toolbar and omits the title bar, making it feel more like a Mac and sometimes even some Windows applications, which I like.

And that is what choice is all about! Stick with your favorite Linux distribution, be completely done with it, and stop sidetracking the topic about graphics benchmarks.

Comment

I guess i was right when simply compiled Kernel 3.15 RC and let everything else as it was with Xubuntu 14.04....not a big deal to have MESA 10.2 at this stage...

Comment

running Pray

Hi.
                    I am trying to reproduce your results on my machine. I have problem running some tests via PTS. Got managed to run unigine benchmark (they did not run because of need of i386 mesa packages are needed to be installed manualy on 64bit Ubuntu), however, i am stucked at Prey.

I installed it via PTS but it won't run. I am still getting following error:
                    Code:
                    Prey 1.4.119 linux-x86 Nov 26 2008 00:03:20
                    found interface lo - loopback
                    found interface eth0 - 192.168.1.113/255.255.255.0
                    ------ Initializing File System ------
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game00.pk4 with checksum 0xff851bf2
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game01.pk4 with checksum 0xa208af14
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game02.pk4 with checksum 0xaa46eb08
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game03.pk4 with checksum 0x39a5ed9c
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak005.pk4 with checksum 0xead35190
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak006.pk4 with checksum 0xed8ce397
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak020.pk4 with checksum 0x39191193
                    Loaded pk4 /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak040.pk4 with checksum 0x40dd9bb5
                    Current search path:
                    /home/eugenio/.prey/base
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak040.pk4 (468 files)
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak020.pk4 (23 files)
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak006.pk4 (108 files)
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/pak005.pk4 (10 files)
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game03.pk4 (2 files)
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game02.pk4 (10 files)
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game01.pk4 (2 files)
                    /home/eugenio/.phoronix-test-suite/installed-tests/pts/prey-1.1.2/data/prey-linux-x86/base/game00.pk4 (2 files)
                    game DLL: 0x0 in pak: 0x0
                    Addon pk4s:
                    file system initialized.
                    --------------------------------------
                    Unknown command 'vid_restart'
                    idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
                    Sys_Error: Couldn't load default.cfg
                    Are there any other prereqs that need to be installed manually?

Comment

Working...
                    X