Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel HD Graphics On Linux 3.15 Brings Few Changes

Phoronix: Intel HD Graphics On Linux 3.15 Brings Few Changes

Now that we have run the Nouveau open-source NVIDIA tests on the Linux 3.15 kernel and discovered there were no real performance changes for this latest Linux kernel, after finding some Radeon regressions in Linux 3.15, now our attention is on Intel and their Haswell-based HD Graphics. Fortunately, the Intel numbers are slightly more interesting than the Nouveau data.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone familiar with the code who can explain the jump in performance for the GpuTest Plot3D benchmark? 35% is a lot.

Comment

Where are the Iris benchmarks?

With a lot of Desktops now shipping with Iris, is it possible for you to obtain a machine that has an Iris Pro 5200 and do comparisons. Being a "SteamBox" focused GPU such benchmarks are going to become very important.

For instance, I bought a 4750R and a 4770R in the Brix Pro and found that the 4750R is a lot faster because it can trubo boost and has better heat management than the 4770R.

Comment

Originally posted by tebruno99 View Post
        With a lot of Desktops now shipping with Iris, is it possible for you to obtain a machine that has an Iris Pro 5200 and do comparisons. Being a "SteamBox" focused GPU such benchmarks are going to become very important.

For instance, I bought a 4750R and a 4770R in the Brix Pro and found that the 4750R is a lot faster because it can trubo boost and has better heat management than the 4770R.
        Right now the only chips with Iris Pro graphics are soldered onto motherboards for Apple computers. And a few Gigabyte motherboards. When Intel releases their 8 core CPUs then they'll have Iris Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
          Right now the only chips with Iris Pro graphics are soldered onto motherboards for Apple computers. And a few Gigabyte motherboards. When Intel releases their 8 core CPUs then they'll have Iris Pro.
          And the Clevo 740su. I ordered one last week, I'll do some benchmarks when I get it.

Comment

Working...
          X