No announcement yet.

AMD Catalyst 8.5 For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 64 bit you have to patch your kernel. That integrated "fix" is 32 bit only it seems...

Comment

Just installed ...

and also have the watermark. Kinda Neat.
      Everything works fine and fast at first sight. The KDE translucent shadow effects as mentioned are working like they should now.

I will test Second Monitor and Compiz on my laptop this week, because I had some troubles getting it working with 8.4

I miss 1360x768 from the catalyst center. Does anyone know how this can be added?

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
        For 64 bit you have to patch your kernel. That integrated "fix" is 32 bit only it seems...
        I'm one of those poor dudes still running a 32-bit system, I'm afraid.

Oh well, time to revert to 2.6.24, methinks.

Comment

for me compiled well on a 64bit with kernel 2.6.25..

Comment

I've gone back to 2.6.24 now, no problem with the fglrx module (and everything else seems to work okay, too).

Comment

I've submitted a ticket to AMD/ATi about this and from the updates on the support page I would say someone has read it already. It's flagged as "Work in Progress" maybe they'll upload a new package tomorrow.

Comment

Hi,

for the people which are getting:
                Code:
                FATAL: modpost: GPL-incompatible module fglrx.ko uses GPL-only symbol '__rcu_read_lock'
                the patch is:
                Code:
                237c237
                < MODULE_LICENSE("Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies, Starnberg, GERMANY");
                ---
                > MODULE_LICENSE("GPL");
                for the file /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/firegl_public.c

then you have to rerun sh make.sh in /lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/ and sh make_install.sh in /lib/modules/fglrx/

Comment

Did anyone try with AGP cards ? like HD2400/2600 AGP

Comment

my card is a x1650 AGP and i got no Problems with it after the license-fix

Comment

Am I the only one whose CPU gets stuck in C2 after suspending with the propietary driver? (this happened to me already in the previous release)

Comment

Working...
                      X