Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XBMC 13.0 "Gotham" Has Been Officially Released

Phoronix: XBMC 13.0 "Gotham" Has Been Officially Released

XBMC 13.0 is officially available this morning with more than 500 commits from over 50 developers to bring out this "Gotham" release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

DXVA2 with HD2XXX and HD3XXX and HD42XX are Broken with gotham because it can only decode one stream at the same time and gotham open open one files two times. Since one year the bug is known and ignored. In the Beta they say that they don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille View Post
      DXVA2 with HD2XXX and HD3XXX and HD42XX are Broken with gotham because it can only decode one stream at the same time and gotham open open one files two times. Since one year the bug is known and ignored. In the Beta they say that they don't fix it.
      Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DXVA the DirectX Video Acceleration API from Microsoft?

I don't think anyone in this forum cares about broken DXVA support. Why do you run Windows on a media center pc?

Comment

Originally posted by Temar View Post
        Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't DXVA the DirectX Video Acceleration API from Microsoft?
        Yes, DXVA is the API for Microsoft Windows.

I don't think anyone in this forum cares about broken DXVA support.
        Why do you think that?

Why do you run Windows on a media center pc?
        Because its working. Do you tried to use the UVD Engine on those cards? And many ppl don't have a dedicated media PC, they use the Desktop/Laptop as Media PC and connect it with HDMI.

Comment

Why do you think that?
          As a senior member with 566 posts you should know.

Because its working. Do you tried to use the UVD Engine on those cards? And many ppl don't have a dedicated media PC, they use the Desktop/Laptop as Media PC and connect it with HDMI.
          No, I'm using a Nvidia card for my media center pc. XBMC works quite well with VDPAU.

Comment

As a senior member with 566 posts you should know.
            Then please stop to think in black and white.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

No, I'm using a Nvidia card for my media center pc. XBMC works quite well with VDPAU.
            Thats nice. My HD5770 works quite well with VDPAU too. But the UVD works only with HD4XXX Cards and newer (except HD4200, HD4850 and HD4870). And my Media PC didn't work with GNU/Linux but it works without problems with Windows 7. Why i should use a System that doesn't fit the requirements?

Comment

Then please stop to think in black and white.

Dude, you are barking at the wrong tree, I don't have anything against Windows. I just found it odd that anyone would post his Windows problems on the Phoronix forums.

Comment

I don't think anyone in this forum cares about broken DXVA support. Why do you run Windows on a media center pc?
                XBMC works better on Windows 7. At least the 12.3 for Ubuntu from PPA sucks . Have do you ever use XBMC? You should know about this....

Comment

Originally posted by philipmorris View Post
                  XBMC works better on Windows 7. At least the 12.3 for Ubuntu from PPA sucks . Have do you ever use XBMC? You should know about this....
                  I've been using XBMC on Linux since its very first Linux release. Haven't had any problems for years now. Also I'm using the official XBMC PPA for Ubuntu 12.04.

Comment

Originally posted by philipmorris View Post
                    Can't say I have found the same. In fact I have found the exact opposite finding more issues with the Windows release (and needing more "hacking" to function satisfactory) vs "it just works" on openSUSE.

Comment

Working...
                    X