No announcement yet.

Nouveau Graphics On Linux 3.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I thought there was a frequency/voltage table in the video bios. Is it not possible for the driver to read this table ? It should prevent hardware breakage, but i'm not a hardware expert, I may be totally wrong :/

Comment

Would be nice if you compared nouveau and nvidia proprietary driver instead.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz5x72hp-iv View Post
        Would be nice if you compared nouveau and nvidia proprietary driver instead.
        No point in doing such a comparison regularly when until re-clocking is solved, Nouveau vastly under-performs the NVIDIA driver...
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          No point in doing such a comparison regularly when until re-clocking is solved, Nouveau vastly under-performs the NVIDIA driver...
          I've heard some opinions saying that nouvea performs much worse than proprietary drivers, but some people told me it's pretty good, so I'd like to know how bad "vastly" is.

And I didn't say anything about regularly - just once and then each time some important change happens.

Comment

Originally posted by kbz5x72hp-iv View Post
            I've heard some opinions saying that nouvea performs much worse than proprietary drivers, but some people told me it's pretty good, so I'd like to know how bad "vastly" is.

And I didn't say anything about regularly - just once and then each time some important change happens.
            Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

etc....
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

may you test it with other video cards?

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                I suspect agd5f would tell you that dpm was the hardest feature to get working on radeon as well, even with direct support from the hardware and Catalyst driver teams.
                Yes. Power management is a huge amount of work to get working stable across all cards.

Comment

Working...
                X