Where is fglrx / catalyst 8.5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is fglrx / catalyst 8.5?

They seem to take longer and longer every month. Hopefully this will be a major quality improvement release like 8.3 and not a waste of a month like 8.4.

Catalyst 8.5 should be out soon... Remember, there is supposed to be a heat-wave coming this summer...
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

I think they're a week late.

Comment

A week *so far* ...

Every month I get all excited thinking, "maybe this will be the one where I never ever have to reboot to Windows ever again just to watch video!!" They were so close with 8.3 but the jerkiness and weird semi-tearing gave me headaches (especially on a projector). So close, but so far... And 8.4 was just a slap in the face.

I'd also like it to run under 2.6.25 but I'll settle for 2.6.24 if it works.

Comment

Here we go... https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...x86.x86_64.run

Comment

Ha! Good thing I reminded them!

Comment

It's not on their site yet. Where did you get the download from?

Comment

Originally posted by vitalyb View Post
                With that said,

All of the Catalyst Linux driver releases this year have been... well, boring. There have been a few bug fixes in each release and new product support for the latest ATI/AMD GPUs, but no major features have been introduced in several months. However, during this time we've been telling you to get ready for an interesting summer and that "we have reason to believe AMD does have some Linux work under development that could make 2007 look boring compared to this year." It was in 2007 that AMD had introduced their brand-new driver with AIGLX support. Well, with the release today of Catalyst 8.5 the monthly Linux driver releases are becoming more interesting and we should have several exciting months ahead. What does today's Linux driver bring to the table? We'll give you the run-down in this article, but to get you started there is now Catalyst AI, Linux 2.6.25 support, and a much improved 2D performance!
                Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

We will see about this improved video playback now. This is becoming my favorite part, the developers insist they've improved video playback when I can hardly confirm that

Comment

I barely can believe this, but it appears to support AGP HD2xxxs cards. sundown, sorry, just have got hard system crash with xvideo

Well, link above is NOT release driver yet, it's "testing".

Comment

Working...
                    X