Thread: Epic Games Is Making An Unreal Tournament Announcement

Hybrid View

Default Epic Games Is Making An Unreal Tournament Announcement

Phoronix: Epic Games Is Making An Unreal Tournament Announcement

Next week there's set to be an announcement concerning the very popular Unreal Tournament game franchise in relation to Unreal Engine 4...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTY4MDM

Yeap, very exciting. Although I would have preferred Unreal III over Unreal Tournament 4.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Yeap, very exciting. Although I would have preferred Unreal III over Unreal Tournament 4.
    I wonder if they can really make a new Unreal game as epic as the first one...

Default No

Quote Originally Posted by SweMonkey View Post
    I wouldn't hold my breath, as Games today are geared to the casual user.

Quote Originally Posted by SweMonkey View Post
    Well, the UT3 Titan Pack had some nice nods toward it, and overall at that point they seemed to have learned their lessons. If they didn't forget them, then they probably could, but of course I wouldn't count on that (especially now that Cliff Bleszinski left Epic).

Quote Originally Posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    Well, the UT3 Titan Pack had some nice nods toward it, and overall at that point they seemed to have learned their lessons. If they didn't forget them, then they probably could, but of course I wouldn't count on that (especially now that Cliff Bleszinski left Epic).
    I actually really enjoyed UT3, I know some didn't but graphically it was beautiful and gameplay wise it was just a bump up and finetuning. All the same -style- of maps, a few cool new editions like the sandstorm on the one desert map, a couple added gametypes that I enjoyed. But hey, maybe it was just me *shrugs*.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    I actually really enjoyed UT3, I know some didn't but graphically it was beautiful and gameplay wise it was just a bump up and finetuning. All the same -style- of maps, a few cool new editions like the sandstorm on the one desert map, a couple added gametypes that I enjoyed. But hey, maybe it was just me *shrugs*.
    Well, the graphics technology is certainly nice, but the graphics style is pretty bad. They grungified everything for no real reason, and added detail where there should be none. But yes, overall I think UT3 is on par with UT2004 when looking at the base game (although UT2004 has way more content when it comes to mods).