Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayland 1.5 Release Candidate Is Out There

Phoronix: Wayland 1.5 Release Candidate Is Out There

The first version 1.5 release candidates of Wayland and the Weston compositor are now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

2015 is gonna be the year of Wayland desktops!

Comment

Originally posted by elg2001 View Post
      2015 is gonna be the year of Wayland desktops!
      The only thing missing now is the announcement by Canonical that the Mir system compositor will be rewritten to be a Wayland compositor.

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post
        The only thing missing now is the announcement by Canonical that the Mir system compositor will be rewritten to be a Wayland compositor.
        I would do backflips.....and I cant do backflips.

Comment

Originally posted by r_a_trip View Post
          I welcome competition. Whether Mir is awesome or horrible compared to Wayland, it lets engineers try new things. That's the essence of competition and the open source landscape, so I welcome it. I prefer Wayland, but engineers trying new things benefits everyone in the long run.

Comment

Working...
          X