Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    The 64bit version , right ?

That will be very interesting...in special if someone makes a mITX MoBo with it.
    There is a company that make(s) a mITX with a Tegra3 (and that uses 4GB RAM) and a bunch of connectors....very low power.

But then again, with the Kabini, Mullins and Beema (not to mention the lower and lower power drains from Intel offers), i wonder for how long ARM will continue be competitive in a compute_power/power_drain ratio.
    Not to mention the compatibility of x86 and it's advantages for many years to come....

Because even this K1 will drain a good chunk more than a Tegra3, wonder Denver....but looking forward with great interest to Michael's comparison vs AM1,etc....should be interesting.

As for custom heatsink (with or without standard size fan) for this MoBo, easy to do if you have a minimum of skill in DIY stuff....very easy to achieve in special because only two mounting points...just like it is to do for AM1.
    I recall someone previously comparing the ARM-based products with higher-end offerings and the x86-based archi getting in to the ULP arena. It didn't look for ARM's offering due to scaling (taking in to consideration the plans ARM had at the time. But this was about 2-3 years ago now, too).

Now that they've pretty much come to parity with performance, I wonder....

Exciting times!

Is there a desktop version (mini-itx is fine for what I am personally after) of ARM boards out there, or any plans for one to be released? I like having SATA ports and supporting more than 4KB of RAM =P
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by Ferdinand View Post
      Shouldn't this chip use mW when idling? If you use 700mW when idle shouldn't the chip go to almost room temp? Like 24C or something?
      With all the systems running in Michael's house, the ambient temperature probably *is* 30C
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by FLHerne View Post
        Not necessarily - the Kepler unit on this thing should make just about any netbook IGP look useless*, and a quad-A15 without the usual power/heat constraints should stand up fairly well against lower-end x86 dualcores. Still slow by Ultrabook standards, but I expect it'll be into the low-end real laptop range.

I can't wait to see the benchmarks of this thing!

*Well, a turnip could probably make a netbook's IGP look useless...
        References, please.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
          Is there a desktop version (mini-itx is fine for what I am personally after) of ARM boards out there, or any plans for one to be released? I like having SATA ports and supporting more than 4KB of RAM =P
          Only Via made *tx compatible boards, but they have rather bad specs. EOMA had plans for such a board, but the whole thing seems stalled with no money.

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
            Yes, there is using Tegra3:

Link that includes slightly Higher Res pic of MoBo (don't click on it) :

But AFAIK, this is for corporate market, dunno if they sell to consumer.

Comment

I found HiRes pic of it:

Comment

Oh, that's pretty nice.

Comment

Working...
                X