Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oibaf View Post
    tormod, can you update your -ati package to current git version
    Will do Don't forget you can easily roll your own packages with the auto-xorg-git script.
    Also, this appears to be no more needed on intrepid:
    I often just make one single source package which is then copied over and built in the xorg-edgers PPA and my own PPA, hardy and intrepid.

Comment

• Thanks for the update .

Unfortunately this update does not fix the problem: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=17897

Comment

• OK, the fdo bug #17897 - Dithering problem on MacBook Pro is properly fixed.

Can you update again your packages to latest commit 435cf7da68186f2601c4b888296117d4f652c625 please .

I'd like that other Ubuntu users can try the updated git version and I eventually request to update the intrepid version to this snapshot, if we are still in time.

Thanks again for all your work improving X experience for Ubuntu users.

Comment

• libdrm2 source extracting error

I am interested in enabling 3D feature on my laptop, which is T42 (RV350 Ati mobility 9600). In step 2.a, I failed to extract libdrm2 source files with patches. Can anybody help me how I can resolve this problem?

---------------
          xxx$ apt-get source libdrm2
          Reading package lists... Done
          Building dependency tree
          Reading state information... Done
          Need to get 1458kB of source archives.
          Get:1 http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy/main libdrm 2.4.0~git20081014.d9c2f65d-0ubuntu0tormod1 (tar) [1452kB]
          Get:2 http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy/main libdrm 2.4.0~git20081014.d9c2f65d-0ubuntu0tormod1 (diff) [5033B]
          Get:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net hardy/main libdrm 2.4.0~git20081014.d9c2f65d-0ubuntu0tormod1 (dsc) [1113B]
          Fetched 1458kB in 1s (1092kB/s)
          gpg: Signature made Tue 14 Oct 2008 01:50:39 PM CDT using DSA key ID BAF41D0C
          gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found
          dpkg-source: extracting libdrm in libdrm-2.4.0~git20081014.d9c2f65d
          dpkg-source: unpacking libdrm_2.4.0~git20081014.d9c2f65d.orig.tar.gz
          dpkg-source: applying ./libdrm_2.4.0~git20081014.d9c2f65d-0ubuntu0tormod1.diff.gz

Comment

• Originally posted by bart0094 View Post
            I am interested in enabling 3D feature on my laptop, which is T42 (RV350 Ati mobility 9600).
            3D is enabled by default for these cards, since many years ago. If it doesn't work in a standard Ubuntu installation, please file a bug.
            In step 2.a, I failed to extract libdrm2 source files with patches. Can anybody help me how I can resolve this problem?
            That looks fine. What's the problem?

Comment

• Recently, I've installed Kubuntu 8.10, which comes with the latest radeon enabled by default. Have to say that it works quite good in 2D and Video playback.

Desktop effects also work quite smoothly, until there is a need to play Video via xv, or to run a 3D-app, but that's another story.

There are some glitches in firefox 3, however.. But I'm not sure if this is connected to "radeon" or to "gtk-qt-engine" (at least, I didn't have these anomalies, when used Catalyst 8.9 in Hardy, and ClearLooks GTK theme).

Can somebody point me where to look about these glitches?

In particular, there is broken rendering of "Tabs", and also some "controls" inside a page (such as [hr], [radiobuttons], [checkboxes]).

Comment

• Originally posted by mityukov View Post
                Recently, I've installed Kubuntu 8.10, which
                There are some glitches in firefox 3, however.. But I'm not sure if this is connected to "radeon" or to "gtk-qt-engine" (at least, I didn't have these anomalies, when used Catalyst 8.9 in Hardy, and ClearLooks GTK theme).
                That is gtk-qt-engines fault... At least I think it is Simple solution I'm using right now is this theme :

It has some other problems like for example not using oxygen style for drop down menus but no glitches with normal webbrowsing.

Anyway there is a gossip that FF 3.1 will have a Qt native support so problems like that may be solved soon

BTW do you get some small tearing with 3d effects ?
                Last edited by val-gaav; 05 November 2008, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
                  That is gtk-qt-engines fault... At least I think it is Simple solution I'm using right now is this theme :

It has some other problems like for example not using oxygen style for drop down menus but no glitches with normal webbrowsing.

Anyway there is a gossip that FF 3.1 will have a Qt native support so problems like that may be solved soon
                  I wish Qt4 support was there...

Originally posted by val-gaav View Post
                  BTW do you get some small tearing with 3d effects ?
                  I'm not sure... Everything seems to look the same way with Desktop Effects ON and OFF. Where should I look exactly?

Comment

• I get tearing from time to time while for example draging windows (transparency on) or with alt+tab effects. tried XAA, EXA, and different kwin settings and it's always the same.

I'm using rs690 radeon x1200 which support is quite recent so that may be the problem.

BTW videos work ok for me with xv and with composing on. Try setting up EXA in xorg.conf instead of default XAA.

Comment

• Tormod, current packages for Hardy miss 'XInput.h'. That header is in Hardy original 'x11proto-input-dev' package, later that header was moved to 'libxi-dev' as i see, but that package was not also updated for Hardy.

Comment

Working...
                      X