Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by phred14 View Post
    [...]
    As for overpopulation, personally I'd like to see birth control readily and universally available. I have kids myself, and I really wish that every child born was wanted and welcomed into the world.
    overpopulation is a issue because most of our world societies and marcets are based on consumption and economic growth.

Birth control mustn't be enforced if a raising amount of people becomes sterile. Let any huge agricultural biotechnology corporation develop a pesticide or genmodified plant which makes us all sterile, and the overpopulation issue would be soon solved
    But I would prefer if somehow magically our societies were not nearly based as much on consumption and exploitation as today. Not realistic that this happens in the near future though; the former scenario is more realistic.
    Last edited by Fenrin; 06 May 2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
      Birth control mustn't be enforced [...]
      Birth control being enforced and being available are two very different things. It should definitely be universally available. Preferably paired with proper sex education.

Comment

Originally posted by tuubi View Post
        [...]
        ups, I misunderstood phred14 before; I should read more carefully next time.

I associated Chinas one-child policy with birth control; not contraceptives.

Comment

Originally posted by Fenrin View Post
          I associated Chinas one-child policy with birth control; not contraceptives.
          Aren't those the same thing?

Comment

Working...
          X