Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 14.4 Is Now Officially Available

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 14.4 Is Now Officially Available

After yesterday's testing of the GeForce 700 vs. Radeon Rx 200 Series With The Latest Linux Drivers test results were made available, the official Catalyst 14.4 Linux graphics driver was offered up to the public...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is there a PPA for Ubuntu 14.04 with this?
    (I don't want to mess with a manual install)

Comment

you can try --buildpkg method. download driver extract, chmod +x *.run and then

./amd-driver-installer-*-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Ubuntu/trusty
      sudo dpkg -i fglrx*.deb
      sudo apt-get install -f

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
        If you're using Ubuntu - or of derivatives such as Kubuntu, I invite you to www.netext73.pl. As part of our program NeteXt'73 optimizes, adapts and publish include packs with the latest drivers from AMD and Nvidia.

Catalyst 14.4 RC

Today probably I share the drivers 'stable' Catalyst 14.4. Of course, all drivers are designed to work with Linux kernels 3.14.x including [here's my line of kernels v29.x].

Catalyst 14.4 RC + kernel v29.3-3.14.1-brazos [testing line]

Regards

Tomek

Comment

I can confirm that L4D2 works fine with Catalyst 14.4 (hovewer I tested it on RC version) and Radeon R7 (A10-7850k + 1600MHz RAM).

Comment

openSUSE 13.1 64 bit.
            I just installed the latest catalyst driver.

( command line, become root, start the driver package, build a distro specific rpm.
            Opened the rpm with apper, and then apper got me an extra file. )

After a reboot I started Left For Dead2. Finally this game runs smooth.
            HD5750

The sound however is not working.

When trying two other games, Portal 2 and Hal Life 2, sound was working fine.

Comment

AMD Driver

Is AMD developers working full time to provide better Linux drivers?

This is greate for us!!!!

Comment

Keep drivers updated

To keep drivers updated I use http://sourceforge.net/projects/uaci/

Comment

Installed xubuntu 14.04 yesterday and also running the xorg-edgers drivers on my 7870(Pitcairn version).
                  The OSS driver forces vsync on by default. But unlike fglrx it supports dynamic vsync and doesen't lag.

On springrts the performance is great. I may try portal out this days.

I don't think I will install fglrx on linux again.

Comment

Originally posted by Veto View Post
                    Not yet, but I recommend just downloading and installing the package, because fglrx though the repos don't work at the moment with 14.04.

Comment

Working...
                    X