No announcement yet.

AMD FireGL V8600: Linux vs. Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Even though AMD has done wonders in the last year or so with the driver, they still seem to be taking baby steps, and I'm not sure if part of this general "impression" is in part caused by the monthly releases, which don't change dramatically over one another, but put together twelve or so releases, there are significant improvements across the spectrum. At any rate, maybe some commitment in the form of an announcement (even if it is labeled "when it's ready") from their part regarding CrossFire would be welcome. Alas, I can also see many other reasons why NOT to do such an announcement.

Comment

How did you run Catia on Linux ? With WINE or have you got unofficial Catia Linux port ?

Comment

Originally posted by mareko View Post
        How did you run Catia on Linux ? With WINE or have you got unofficial Catia Linux port ?
        Catia as a SPECViewPerf test is available on Linux/UNIX platforms.
        Michael Larabel
        https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Catia

Originally posted by Michael View Post
          Catia as a SPECViewPerf test is available on Linux/UNIX platforms.
          I see it now. You didn't run Catia directly I would be suprised of it. Only posibility now is WINE.

Comment

CATIA V5 UBUNTU:
            Already working natively on Linux using Wine and PlayOnLinux.
            This link explains how to install CATIA V5 PERFECTLY in Ubuntu:

Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Originally posted by diegobalangione View Post
              CATIA V5 UBUNTU:
              Already working natively on Linux using Wine and PlayOnLinux.
              This link explains how to install CATIA V5 PERFECTLY in Ubuntu:

http://hp-tx2532la.blogspot.com/2009...en-ubuntu.html
              working with wine isn't considered working natively, a native linux program is one thats compiled for linux - a program working with wine is compiled for windows but made to run on linux.

and the post before yours in this thread was 10 months ago.

Comment

Working...
              X