No announcement yet.

Asrock Q1900B-ITX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

phoronix-benchmark-tool gets easily fooled. When the GPU is on pcie x1 it says that the driver is intel, while there is zero activity on intel, and nVidial working actively

Code:
    Fri May  9 00:51:10 2014       
    +------------------------------------------------------+                       
    | NVIDIA-SMI 331.38     Driver Version: 331.38         |                       
    |-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+
    | GPU  Name        Persistence-M| Bus-Id        Disp.A | Volatile Uncorr. ECC |
    | Fan  Temp  Perf  Pwr:Usage/Cap|         Memory-Usage | GPU-Util  Compute M. |
    |===============================+======================+======================|
    |   0  Quadro FX 580       Off  | 0000:02:00.0     N/A |                  N/A |
    | 40%   49C  N/A     N/A /  N/A |    490MiB /   511MiB |     N/A      Default |
    +-------------------------------+----------------------+----------------------+

+-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    | Compute processes:                                               GPU Memory |
    |  GPU       PID  Process name                                     Usage      |
    |=============================================================================|
    |    0            Not Supported                                               |
    +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    It's odd that after picking proprietary nvidia driver it listed nouveau as driver used.

Code:
           configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
    Last edited by riklaunim; 08 May 2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

What's the Super IO chip on this board?

Thinking of this for a small quiet home server. Looks a good match (especially in the Q1900-ITX version), but I need something where Linux can control the PWM fans (to keep the noise down). The Gigabyte equivalent uses an ITE Super I/O chip that has no Linux support, as ITE claim that the data sheet is "commercially sensitive" - No, really, that's what they said - so I'm keen to understand what Super I/O chip Asrock has put in theirs.

Does anyone know?
      Thanks
      R

Comment

Originally posted by SixedUp View Post
        Thinking of this for a small quiet home server. Looks a good match (especially in the Q1900-ITX version), but I need something where Linux can control the PWM fans (to keep the noise down). The Gigabyte equivalent uses an ITE Super I/O chip that has no Linux support, as ITE claim that the data sheet is "commercially sensitive" - No, really, that's what they said - so I'm keen to understand what Super I/O chip Asrock has put in theirs.

Does anyone know?
        Thanks
        R
        It is nuvoTon NCT6776D .

BTW yes ITE does not provide specs but some people figured out that... so now i have Asus AM1M-A which have new IT8623E chip and both sensors and fancontrol works fine here with kernel 3.15 .

Comment

But yeah not every ITE chip is figured out and thus supported !!! That one on Gigabyte board you mentioned is somewhat older IT8620E as you may see in code currently it is not there so not supported:

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            It is nuvoTon NCT6776D
            Great - lm-sensors appears to support that now, and if not it looks like Nuvoton are happy to provide datasheets - another big plus for the Asrock.

BTW yes ITE does not provide specs but some people figured out that... so now i have Asus AM1M-A which have new IT8623E chip and both sensors and fancontrol works fine here with kernel 3.15

https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ke...1a75257a89b424
            Yes, but as you pointed out in your next post, the 8620 hasn't been figured out yet - I'm sure it will happen eventually, but I'd really prefer it worked now I still can't quite believe that a silicon manufacturer like ITE doesn't want to tell people how to use their chips; the end result has to be people like me voting with their wallets...

Anyway, many thanks for the help!

Comment

ASRock Q1900-ITX

Originally posted by SixedUp View Post
              Great - lm-sensors appears to support that now, and if not it looks like Nuvoton are happy to provide datasheets - another big plus for the Asrock.
              Just a word of warning for anyone else looking at this thread:

I finally managed to get hold of an ASRock Q1900-ITX. This is very slightly different to the Q1900B-ITX that was being benchmarked by riklaunim (more SATA ports, primarily) and although it does have the Nuvoton Super I/O chip on board, which both lmsensors and fancontrol support, ASRock have only provided 3 pin fan headers - so there is still NO support for PWM fans. Which is very frustrating.

I'm running it in a 2U rack case with a couple of big drives, so completely passive cooling is probably going to be a step too far. However, as the rest of the board meets my needs, I'm going to take the easy way out and just buy a fan controller to add-in instead. If anyone has any recommendations, I'd be happy to hear them - I don't need anything "Bling", just to control the speed of the fans depending on the temperatures. I've got 4 fans in the case, and lots of PWM splitters in my parts bin, so one or two channel would be more than sufficient.

Comment

Working...
              X