Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: Asrock Q1900B-ITX

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Those are pretty good result you have .

    Ah, you overclocked that from 2 GHz to 2.9 that explain things . Beware of temp it is fanless
    Last edited by dungeon; 04-26-2014 at 09:06 PM.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dungeon View Post
    Those are pretty good result you have .

    Ah, you overclocked that from 2 GHz to 2.9 that explain things . Beware of temp it is fanless
    Hm... tests made on 3.15rc2 Kernel show 2.9 GHz for some reason. I didn't change anything in the BIOS and /proc/cpuinfo says 1.99 GHz. Also temperatures are low (I'm pushing GPU tests right now). Acording to specs it can't have 2.9 GHz. lscpu says it runs at max frequency from the sheet:
    Code:
    CPU MHz:               2424.000
    Last edited by riklaunim; 04-26-2014 at 09:20 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    OK so those test are with burst on . Who knows maybe phoronix-test-suite adds +500MHz when burst frequency is there .

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    And my review is ready: the build and the benchmarks of J1900.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30

    Default dmesg

    Quote Originally Posted by riklaunim View Post
    And my review is ready: the build and the benchmarks of J1900.

    Great benchmarks!

    Also, could you please post the dmesg info? It's because I'd like to know whether ASPM is (can be) turned on for saving more power.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30

    Unhappy no ASPM?

    Quote Originally Posted by riklaunim View Post
    Code:
    acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC: OS supports [ExtendedConfig ASPM ClockPM Segments MSI]
    \_SB_.PCI0:_OSC invalid UUID
    _OSC request data:1 1f 0 
    acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC failed (AE_ERROR); disabling ASPM

    Could you try passing "pcie_aspm=force" to your kernel, and show dmesg again? If it worked, could you also test the power consumption again?

    Thanks!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by enihcam View Post
    Code:
    acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC: OS supports [ExtendedConfig ASPM ClockPM Segments MSI]
    \_SB_.PCI0:_OSC invalid UUID
    _OSC request data:1 1f 0 
    acpi PNP0A08:00: _OSC failed (AE_ERROR); disabling ASPM

    Could you try passing "pcie_aspm=force" to your kernel, and show dmesg again? If it worked, could you also test the power consumption again?

    Thanks!
    Still doesn't work, it disables it., even on 3.15.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    100

    Default

    Over the coming days I'll be testing some basic graphics cards over PCIe x1 Radeon HD6450 and nVidia Quadro FX 580 and 3700. The FX 580 is already testing on x16 on different mobo to compare what happens on x1. On SPECViewPerf 10 it rocks http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...SO-1404308SO32 (cad alike 3D models).

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •