AMD Catalyst 14.4 On Linux With Radeon R3 APU Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nadro View Post
    In games where CPU power is more important than GPU it's true that 5200 offer the best performance in iGPU world, but for a games required more GPU power a Kaveri is faster. In most of the game benchmarks A10-7850K offers better performance than Intel units with HD5200.
    The surprising thing about the Iris Pro graphics is all Intel did was give it ESRAM that's literally a separate chip on the CPU. A massive 128MB worth of it. Something AMD has been doing for years with Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but doesn't seem to exist on their desktop APU's.

AMD has the advantage in price, but not in graphics or CPU performance. Also consider that the A10 is a high end desktop CPU, while the Intel chips with Iris Pro graphics are on mobile CPUs. It's a matter of Intel waking up and throwing them on their desktop CPU's.

Comment

Originally posted by Dukenukemx View Post
      Even then, I think only macbooks have them. Which is extremely off putting.
      Gigabyte Brix machines have Iris Pro 5200. They're very cute little boxes, also available as a SteamBox (they were given away to devs at Steam Dev Days).

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
        What is the lowest price for the CPU with Iris Pro 5200? i5-4570R maybe? That is not anywhere near 50 ? pricetag, nor wattage usage of Athlon 5350... i5-4570R maybe i think is nearly comparabile with A10-7850K with performace per watt/cost . A10-7850K need more watts - but cost less, i5-4570R slighly better performant and need less watts - but costs more .
        Yet chineses was doing 2 months ago just that benchmark , Brix with i5-4570R vs A10-7850K:

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Yet chineses was doing 2 months ago just that benchmark , Brix with i5-4570R vs A10-7850K:

http://www.4gamer.net/games/999/G999902/20140208005/
          That's Japanese.

Comment

The benchmark results are in Barchart, my favorite language
            Test signature

Comment

Could you Bridgman guess what is this https://ad.moontoast.com/7e9f5f0e-c4...ptimize=direct

I guess (3 days earlier ) that is A6-6310 with R4 GPU maybe similar to the HD 8570 .
              Last edited by dungeon; 25 April 2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

HD 8570 expectation is pretty high i know , but if R4 would be in between HD 4000/4400 or even 4600 then that would be also cool .

Comment

Looks like a small quad-core APU rather than a dGPU so my guess would be Beema/Mullins.
                  Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
                    Looks like a small quad-core APU rather than a dGPU so my guess would be Beema/Mullins.
                    Thanks . Now picture is nearly complete, less then one hour to go

Comment

Working...
                    X