Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fedora 21 To Get A Playground, New Features

Phoronix: Fedora 21 To Get A Playground, New Features

Another Fedora Engineering and Steering Committee meeting took place on Wednesday where another round of features were approved for the Fedora 21 Linux release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The one thing which i hope RPMland distributions will adopt (and have very little hope in it happening) is the Debian style of multiarch where libraries are all packed into a centralized location (/usr/lib or /lib)with different folder names for different architectures (/usr/lib/lib32, usr/lib/amd64, /usr/lib/arm, etc etc)

Definitely much more elegant and organized as opposed to the current /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 split in RPM-based systems, or in the case of Arch and Gentoo, /usr/lib32 and /usr/lib.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
      The one thing which i hope RPMland distributions will adopt (and have very little hope in it happening) is the Debian style of multiarch where libraries are all packed into a centralized location (/usr/lib or /lib)with different folder names for different architectures (/usr/lib/lib32, usr/lib/amd64, /usr/lib/arm, etc etc)

Definitely much more elegant and organized as opposed to the current /usr/lib and /usr/lib64 split in RPM-based systems, or in the case of Arch and Gentoo, /usr/lib32 and /usr/lib.
      Path names aside, I find Fedora's multi-arch support, especially when development packages are concerned, far better than say, Unbuntu.
      Trying to cross build 32bit binaries on 64bit Ubuntu is, err, challenging.

Per OP, The Cockpit Management Console looks like a very interesting project. Hope they'll manage it.

- Gilboa
      oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
      oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
      oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
      Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

The Fedora Playground link is not working. It contains some trailing characters.

Comment

Working...
        X