PC-BSD Is Developing Its Own Desktop Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
    Do you think you could take a screenshot for those too busy to go and try it out? I'm assuming that it won't be a major change, but it'd be nice to have an idea of what it looks like already.
    Sure, no probs.

There's even a rudimentary howto install Lumina,..., whenever you're "not too busy"

Comment

Originally posted by scjet View Post
      Sure, no probs.

There's even a rudimentary howto install Lumina,..., whenever you're "not too busy"
      Looks like a rip off of xfce crossed with some of the worse of lxde to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by scjet View Post
        Sure, no probs.

Well, from what I can see, it looks usable, and if you're right about it being fast then I can easily see it being a success, and if they keep the size down enough, maybe even 'the' default. (making it the fallback looking way into the future similar to how gnome2 was)

Comment

EDIT! crapidty crap posted in the wrong thread O.o

Comment

It's all good.

Last edited by Anfdrea; 11 June 2014, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by endman View Post
              Looks like a rip off of xfce crossed with some of the worse of lxde to be honest.
              More careful analysis will reveal that it looks a lot like Fluxbox.

Comment

This may be a knock-on effect of the whole Wayland and systemd thing. These technologies are (so far) Linux-centric, and desktop environments that are designed with GNU/Linux primarily in mind may start to integrate with, and require, these services. If you're building on bms system FreeBSD, and want to guarantee a high-quality, unique, enterprise-grade experience, it might not be a bad idea to go your own way on the desktop front. As a lay-person, I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Comment

Working...
                X