Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audacious 3.5 Lightweight Audio Player Released

Phoronix: Audacious 3.5 Lightweight Audio Player Released

Audacious, an open-source audio player derived from XMMS that aims to be lightweight yet advanced, is out with a major release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I love Audacious (with it's first gui) and qmmp. All these Amarok style players make no sense to me.

Comment

Same here ... playlist, volume slider and 5 buttons (play+pause, next, prev, stop, shuffle) ... that's all i need.

I'm using audacious for quite a while now. Noticed that some internet stations seemed not to work - maybe that m3u-playlist fix they have in their release notes helps.

Comment

I was using Audacious after Amarok become crash fest. I've since moved to Deadbeef player as it's far better. Yeah stupid name for an audio player!

http://deadbeef.sourceforge.net/

Comment

Originally posted by e8hffff View Post
          Yeah stupid name for an audio player!
          Just found out, (as in 0xDEADBEEF). I should have known better.

Comment

I'm still happy with my winamp *oldskool

Comment

Audacious is part of the reason I managed to convince myself to do the switch to Linux. Such awesome software (like other's, I can't stand the giant library players like iTunes and Amarok).

Comment

I've since moved to Deadbeef player as it's far better
                I'm curious, in what way do you prefer it over Audacious? I mainly prefer audacious for the way it looks, the GNOME notifications with media button and the MPRIS 2 plugin which incorporates perfectly into the GNOME menu on the top right.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
                  I'm curious, in what way do you prefer it over Audacious? I mainly prefer audacious for the way it looks, the GNOME notifications with media button and the MPRIS 2 plugin which incorporates perfectly into the GNOME menu on the top right.
                  1. can't sort when clicking column header. I use this sorting to get track lists right if they aren't added correctly
                  2. can't minimise to tray. Program closes when clicking the X.
                  3. interface is very basic.

Deadbeef has a niffty configurable layout where you can design your own layout with album art, etc. The only issue with Deadbeef is I have yet got keyboard shortcuts working for multimedia keys.

Comment

2. can't minimise to tray. Program closes when clicking the X.
                    You can, actually. There's a plugin that creates an icon on the tray bar so that you can close the window without closing the program.

The only issue with Deadbeef is I have yet got keyboard shortcuts working for multimedia keys.
                    I forgot about this - It was actually one of the main reasons why I even switched to Audacious. GNOME has multimedia keys already and Audacious has a plugin to use GNOME shortcuts.

Comment

Working...
                    X