Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Updated For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, SteamOS

Phoronix: Steam Updated For Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, SteamOS

Valve has rolled out another updated version of Steam for Linux gamers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

...but Portal 2 doesn't yet have a Linux client, does it ?

I now only buy games with a LINUX port....and that why i just bought Nuclear Dawn

Didn't yet had a chance to install it....will do only tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
      ...but Portal 2 doesn't yet have a Linux client, does it ?

I now only buy games with a LINUX port....and that why i just bought Nuclear Dawn
      Hi,

Portal 2 has a native GNU/Linux client, but it's not advertised in steam store (open beta).

I now only buy native GNU/Linux games too, but preferably out of steam (like humblebundle) for DRM reasons, but I made an exception for Portal 2

Comment

Originally posted by sacrediou View Post
        Hi,

Portal 2 has a native GNU/Linux client, but it's not advertised in steam store (open beta).

I now only buy native GNU/Linux games too, but preferably out of steam (like humblebundle) for DRM reasons, but I made an exception for Portal 2
        So, if i buy Portal2 will i have automaticly access to the Beta ?

Comment

So, if i buy Portal2 will i have automaticly access to the Beta ?
          Yep, you just have to "opt-in" : right-click button on the game -> "properties" -> select beta in the drop-down menu of the last tab.

Comment

Originally posted by sacrediou View Post
            Yep, you just have to "opt-in" : right-click button on the game -> "properties" -> select beta in the drop-down menu of the last tab.
            Thanks, i just bought Portal2.

Do you know if CS:GO also has already a similar Linux Open Beta Program ?

Comment

Do you know if CS:GO also has already a similar Linux Open Beta Program ?
              Sorry, I don't know about CS:GO because I don't own it. But acording to http://steamdb.info/ it doesn't seems to be ready yet.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
              X