No announcement yet.

Rosewill RS-MI-01: An Ultra Low-Cost Mini-ITX Chassis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is just an APEX case rebranded. I used one of these cases with an atom d330 mini itx case back when the atoms were just released. Back then there were no SSD drives, just mainly 3.5" hard drives which utterly cook in this case. Nowadays with everything running so cool with much less power requirements this case should be pretty reasonable.

Some mods I did to the case:

A 120mm fan can literally snap into the place where the internal 3.5" hard drive is to go, blowing directly over the motherboard. I drilled a few air holes in the opposite side of the case on the expansion card side.

I removed the drive cage in front and drilled 2 sets of holes in the case bottom. I mounted 2 3.5" drives on their sides directly to the case bottom with a couple of struts on the new "top" of the drives to keep them separated.

Comment

Okay decided to snap a pic of what hacks I added in:

Comment

Originally posted by bnolsen View Post
        Okay decided to snap a pic of what hacks I added in:

http://imgur.com/IF8cv6d
        Cool. I wonder why the case isn't something like that from the beginning, a fan on the side makes a lot of sense, to cool both the CPU and the disks. The Silverstone Sugo SG05 (which I'd buy if I was making a small machine right now) has it on the front, but this case isn't high enough to accommodate that, so the side is the next logical choice.

Comment

Working...
        X