AMD Catalyst 14.4 Brings Full OpenGL 4.4 Support To Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
    Today i made a fresh install of XUBUNTU 14.04 LTS, compiled and installed libtxc_dxtn, compiled and installed Kernel 3.13.10, installed Catalyst and proceed to install Steam and TF2...

I launched it, and no matter there were performance improvements , it simply is far from be a minimal enjoyable performance ...far from that. Much less stutters and freezes, but they clearly ruin any gameplay experience even in the Tutorial...

So, i reinstalled AGAIN from start XUBUNTU 14.04 LTS, compiled and installed AGAIN libtxc_dxtn, compiled and installed this time Kernel 3.15-RC2 (and only that...no new MESA or anything else) , installed Steam and restored TF2 and....the FREAKING GAME IS WORKING BEAUTIFULLY !!!

Restored backup of L4D2, SAME THING !!!

NMRiH...SAME !!!

I give up....of Catalyst

Bye Bye Catalyst...
    which graphics card?

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
      Finally driver with which you can seriously play L4D2.

with which graphics card?

Comment

AMD radeon 5850. but it may be still to early say that. instead of shutter there are now occasional half second lags (like every minute or two)

Comment

Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          AMD radeon 5850. but it may be still to early say that. instead of shutter there are now occasional half second lags (like every minute or two)
          Have you already tried to deactivate vsync and/or multicore rendering in the video options?

Comment

Working...
          X