Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EmScripten Merges Its Speedy "Fastcomp" Backend

Phoronix: EmScripten Merges Its Speedy "Fastcomp" Backend

EmScripten, the innovative project for turning C++ code into JavaScript that can be run within web-browsers, has merged its brand new LLVM compiler back-end that is faster and also yields other benefits...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can it deal with setjmp/longjmp yet? Or is that still impossible?

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
      Can it deal with setjmp/longjmp yet? Or is that still impossible?
      setjmp/longjmp works for the defined behavior cases. What does not work is the undefined behavior case (jumping "forward" as opposed to "backward").

Comment

Originally posted by kripken View Post
        setjmp/longjmp works for the defined behavior cases. What does not work is the undefined behavior case (jumping "forward" as opposed to "backward").
        The defined behavior is useless. Everyone out there relies on the undefined one.

Comment

Emscripten is awesome. It has allowed me to avoid ever having to use Javascript at work and yet still make decent web games.

That said, I thought the fastcomp had been merged quite a bit earlier.

Shameless plug:
          This is my game engine "Mutiny" (Basically an open-source reimplementation of Unity): http://www.mutiny3d.org
          Naturally since it has been written to use SDL and OpenGL, porting it to support WebGL in a web browser has been a breeze.

The "inlining" of Javascript instead of assembly is really great too when working around incomplete browsers like IE.
          Last edited by kpedersen; 01 July 2014, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X