Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable non-textured Xv ports

Hi,

in case you're running a compositing manager of some sort only textured Xv ports should be used. At the moment first the traditional overlay adapter is used and for the next overlays requested the textured ports are used. I think an option that forces the usage of the textured ports while a compositing manager is running would be nice. Is this easily possible?

Currently I simply hacked the source of radeon_video.c to disable the adapter, but that is not a proper solution of course.
    Last edited by greg; 17 May 2008, 09:01 PM.

Here's my simple hack, which introduces an option to disable the non-textured overlay ports. Do whatever you want with it.

Pastebin.com is the number one paste tool since 2002. Pastebin is a website where you can store text online for a set period of time.

Comment

Opening tvtime second or third does make it use textured video, but the video is offset ~10% to the right and down, using kwin or compiz. This doesn't happen when playing multiple videos in kmplayer/smplayer or when tvtime uses the overlay.
      Last edited by audir8; 18 May 2008, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X