Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AMD Is Disabling DPM Support For RV770 GPUs

Quote Originally Posted by smitty3268 View Post
    Maybe. It's just that he specifically mentioned older cards, and hyperz is disabled for everything.
    http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...tem&px=MTY2NjI

I wonder how many of the corner cases simply comes down to poorly implemented bios compared to the cards that work ? Not all companies provide good ones initially and some never provide a better one at all.
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
    Ben Franklin 1755

Yeah, that's probably what he was referring to. But that is an incorrect viewpoint, because that was an improvement not a regression.

And really only affected people building mesa themselves who didn't know what they were doing, because everyone who did just built mesa without llvm r600g support since it sucked so bad and wouldn't let you disable it during runtime before now. Now people actually have the option of building it into their normal mesa code, and optionally enabling it to test whenever they want without screwing everything else up.

Edit: sorry, saw it was you.
    Last edited by smitty3268; 04-20-2014 at 09:51 PM.

Well, I ran into problems today, where X would hang shortly after startup when dpm is on, and two VGA screens connected to my 4850, on the DVI (with an adaptater) and VGA ports.
    Works fine with dpm disabled, or if I plug in the second screen after startup. So, yes, there is still a bit of polishing to do ;-)