Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The unresponsive click bug is fixed

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Sadly this current eRacks campaign barely covers enough to cover one day of expenses (not covering my time involved) for Phoronix.com, while the campaign itself runs for about two weeks. But is a new campaign style for targeting just NoScript users so that they're the only featured advertiser on each page and hopefully will be mutually beneficial in some way but still does nothing for those that feel serving simple PNG/JPG images on the site is somehow a viable business model while the (albeit more intrusive) welcome screen campaigns, etc, yield at least 20x more.
    As of 9:42PM EDT on the US East Coast, the eRacks ads are clickable without Javascript and can load the eRacks page http://eracks.com/products/storage-servers-nas/NAS50/ directly without having to copy-paste the link. Came up again, so I immediately tested it.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke View Post
      As of 9:42PM EDT on the US East Coast, the eRacks ads are clickable without Javascript and can load the eRacks page http://eracks.com/products/storage-servers-nas/NAS50/ directly without having to copy-paste the link. Came up again, so I immediately tested it.
      There is no JS at all used within the eRacks script so that is what's expected and hasn't been changed at all since the start of the campaign.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

These guys have some interesting hardware

I've been poking around their website after testing the ad, an interesting site for a tech-head like me. Most of their systems are well out of my price range, but as a system builder myself I get ideas from exactly this sort of material. I particularily liked seeing audio/video systems pre-built with UbuntuStudio installed and optimized for it. My guess is there will be plenty of people who are busy between their jobs and their band or video work and do not have the time to put 20 or more hours into building a custom system in their basement, nor the time I have to put into optimizing them myself.

These are just the sort of "exotic" (for home users) working computers the gaming magazines rarely even speak of the existance of-even though they could not so much as mail out subscription notices without them.

Comment

Maybe "bug" was slow response from my ISP

There is no JS at all used within the eRacks script so that is what's expected and hasn't been changed at all since the start of the campaign.
          I'm not on a landline, so I have to deal with very spotty and somewhat unreliable network access via a cellular hotspot. Not controlling the building I cannot set up a landline. Sounds like the code was fine and my ISP dropped the ball, simply not making the connection.

Comment

Sadly this current eRacks campaign barely covers enough to cover one day of expenses (not covering my time involved) for Phoronix.com, while the campaign itself runs for about two weeks. But is a new campaign style for targeting just NoScript users so that they're the only featured advertiser on each page and hopefully will be mutually beneficial in some way but still does nothing for those that feel serving simple PNG/JPG images on the site is somehow a viable business model while the (albeit more intrusive) welcome screen campaigns, etc, yield at least 20x more.
            I tried visiting their site, but their webserver doesn't give any HTML-responses, nginx does respond with redirects. So something is down on their end.

Comment

Working...
            X