Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
    It's on UE3 already.
    How much work would porting the game to UE4 be?
    That would give it Linux support right there.
    That would require an enormous amount of useless work. They could just bring it to Linux using UE3 just like Icculus ported a few UE3 titles. It shouldn't be much more work than other UE3 titles.

Comment

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
      +1 (really, 5 characters per post limit?)
      Good to know...im new around here! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kristian Joensen View Post
        just like Icculus ported a few UE3 titles. It shouldn't be much more work than other UE3 titles.
        As thankful as i am for Icculus' work, these ports are bug hells! dungeon defenders is almost unplayable, crashing all the time, various game mechanics broken/not implemented. It seems Icculus just tested his port with the first 2 hours of the game.. :/

I really wouldn't call this a port, maybe proof-of-concept, sadly.

Comment

Graphics between OS X and Windows?

How do the graphics compare between OpenGL on OS X vs Driect3D on Windows? I hope this doesn't end up being another Metro: Last Light with significantly worse graphics and lack of an options menu.

Comment

If there is a pool of persons that have never played this game, I guess that it could be interesting for them.

Personally, and Im probably not alone, I have wasted so much hours in this game that there is absolutly no chance that I restart from scratch on a new platform.

From now on, if they support Linux in the next release of the serie (borderland 3 or the pre-sequel thing, it is a totatlly different story for me and this will be higly attractive.

Comment

Originally posted by lano1106 View Post
              Personally, and Im probably not alone, I have wasted so much hours in this game that there is absolutly no chance that I restart from scratch on a new platform.
              This game's a steamplay game. Your save files are saved on the cloud across any platform.

Comment

Originally posted by dffx View Post

Borderlands 1/2 are some of the most popular games to play in Wine, in part because they run so well in them. Just look at the AppDb entries for the Borderlands games -- they're some of the most active pages in the AppDb, outside of maybe League of Legends and Blizzard games.
                Blizzard should really get behind Linux as well. As much as I love Wine, it's not nearly compatible or fast enough for gaming. To give an idea, World of Warcraft was tested in Wine, but with problems. Specifically with open source drivers, cause I have this stupid hybrid ATI 4250/5470 setup that forces me to do this. One time I was in a city in the game and walking into a building would cause everything to go multi-colored. Running the game in D3D9 mode would produce 6 fps, and with CSMT enabled I get 8 fps. OpenGL gives me 15 fps. Recently a patch to WoW now prevents me from running the game in 64-bit. BTW, this game is fully playable in Windows 7 on the same hardware and I can even turn on DX11 for a small performance boost.

Any game that's available on the Mac should also be on Linux. Cause Wine sucks. I'm sure some of my problems aren't entirely Wine's fault, cause open source drivers aren't exactly the pinnacle of drivers, but for better or worse a lot of people are stuck with them. And in all honestly, they only seem to hate Wine. Doesn't matter anyway, cause hardly anything I try in Wine doesn't seem to work.

Take for example Dark Souls, which you could get working but you'd have to use some underhanded patch like a pirate, and no multiplayer. Also Origin won't even install on 64-bit Wine, which are the majority of applications I run into. Once I got Origin working, I can't download a game cause of a QT problem. You can patch the QT file and get it working, but then anything that downloads takes forever. Took me 6 hours to download Mass Effect. Why even use 64-bit Wine when 32-bit Wine is so much more compatible?

Nope nope nope, so much nope. Games need to be ported directly to Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
                  How do the graphics compare between OpenGL on OS X vs Driect3D on Windows? I hope this doesn't end up being another Metro: Last Light with significantly worse graphics and lack of an options menu.
                  wow you just spouted a load of bull

"significantly worse graphics"

Yes they are toned down but on full settings there still amazing and its hard to tell the difference in motion.

Nobody said you were entitled to like for like graphics, you always have windows 8 ... Jog on.

Comment

I would love to see how Borderlands 2 performs under OpenGL on my system.
                    Under Direct3D it runs enough well (1440p + SweetFX).

I still have to lend Wine a go sometime to see how it performs.

@goCorinthians

Vai Corinthians!

Comment

Originally posted by phill1978 View Post
                      wow you just spouted a load of bull

"significantly worse graphics"

Yes they are toned down but on full settings there still amazing and its hard to tell the difference in motion.
                      http://cdn.overclock.net/2/2b/2b6aba02_3.png - Linux
                      http://cdn.overclock.net/6/66/66b373..._22_04_753.png - Windows
                      http://cdn.overclock.net/b/b1/b1b5fd92_10.png - Linux
                      http://cdn.overclock.net/9/91/9121b6..._36_14_932.png - Windows

The shadows on Linux / OS X are horrid and the lighting is messed up - even the textures are lower res for whatever reason. Also there's no tesselation with OpenGL.
                      To me these screens show a significant drop in graphics. But that's me. I should have stated that it was my opinion in my post. And i absolutely agree with you that they're still amazing graphics but that doesn't mean they aren't "significantly worse" at least for me.

Originally posted by phill1978 View Post
                      Nobody said you were entitled to like for like graphics, you always have windows 8 ... Jog on.
                      I just made a simple yes/no question, I have no idea why you had to be so aggressive and come with "entitlement" or w/e. I just want the same or very similar experience across all platforms - as everyone should want too.

Comment

Working...
                      X