Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 13-Way Low-End GPU Comparison With AMD's AM1 Athlon

Hybrid View

Default 13-Way Low-End GPU Comparison With AMD's AM1 Athlon

Phoronix: 13-Way Low-End GPU Comparison With AMD's AM1 Athlon

For those looking at purchasing hardware for a low-cost socketed Kabini APU system build following our many AMD AM1 Platform tests under Linux that found the low-end hardware to play well with the open-source operating system, one of the motherboards worth considering is the ASUS AM1I-A.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=20215

hardwared Mantle?

I'm sure it'd beat out the 6570 if it weren't for the crappy single-channel memory controller. Considering this though, the results are actually pretty good.

Dear AMD/NVidia,

Your nomenclature schemes needs to change. Please fix it, or I will personally make it my mission to troll every "Radeon 10,000 Series" review next year.

Sincerely,
    russofris8400FuryMaxxxExtremeGTX

Quote Originally Posted by schmidtbag View Post
    I'm sure it'd beat out the 6570 if it weren't for the crappy single-channel memory controller. Considering this though, the results are actually pretty good.
    Kinda what I was thinking... Wait for the next revision or two revisions from now, DDR4 dual channel RAM with one of these style APU's? Nice low power, high performance little machine you could build.

Michel you don't need do buy case for this board, save money and run it in package .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xngzjrKg3zI

Thanks Michael, all in all not bad....Source games, except Portal seemed CPU bottlenecked (but at least we should not have those stutters using NVIDIA HW and its blob), as for the other games , was actually quite good, in special with GTX750(Ti) !!!

Talking about them, the GTX750 was overall better than the GTX750Ti, taking in account lower power drain and lower price, makes a nice match...also, ZOTAC have 3 versions of the GTX750, one of them low-profile (still needs two slots) and includes the low profile adapters and all...nice to make a compact build around a InWin BM series case or something like that

PS : You donīt specify most of the quality settings used in the test in each game

Quote Originally Posted by Ericg View Post
    Kinda what I was thinking... Wait for the next revision or two revisions from now, DDR4 dual channel RAM with one of these style APU's? Nice low power, high performance little machine you could build.
    Just give us 64GB/s eDRAM 64MB or 128MB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdinand View Post
    Just give us 64GB/s eDRAM 64MB or 128MB.
    You sure it's useful? The 10mb eDRAM of xbox 360 and 32mb eSRAM of Xbox One are not useful enough according to several devs of those platforms.