Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasteland 2 Is Finally Released For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Wasteland 2 Is Finally Released For Linux Gamers

The Wasteland 2 post-apocalyptic role-playing game is now out for Linux by inXile Entertainment. The Kickstarter-backed game is still in beta for the Linux version just surfaced via Steam on Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I've been trying my hardest to stay away from this game. I'm a Kickstarter backer and could have gotten in on the beta for a few extra bucks when they were doing that offer a while back, but I resisted. This, along with Divinity: Original Sin, which I'm also a backer of and could be playing right now (for no extra money), I'm purposely holding off on because I'm so excited about the games that I don't want to play them until they're completely finished. I've been tempted several times, though.

Comment

For those who have played the beta: Is it worth the money?
      I mean $60 USD sound quite expensive to me.

Comment

I would recommend buying it when it comes out. Paying $60 to play a portion that is still buggy.... meh.
        Especially since I think it will be $40 on release.

Comment

Originally posted by sirdilznik View Post
          I've been trying my hardest to stay away from this game. I'm a Kickstarter backer and could have gotten in on the beta for a few extra bucks when they were doing that offer a while back, but I resisted. This, along with Divinity: Original Sin, which I'm also a backer of and could be playing right now (for no extra money), I'm purposely holding off on because I'm so excited about the games that I don't want to play them until they're completely finished. I've been tempted several times, though.
          I'm the same. I'm all worked up since I heared there were rumours about rumours of a kickstarter for Wasteland 2. I think I'm covered for the rest of the year with this and AoW 3 (which needs some serious reweighting).
          Hi

Comment

Originally posted by ua=42 View Post
            I would recommend buying it when it comes out. Paying $60 to play a portion that is still buggy.... meh.
            Especially since I think it will be $40 on release.
            While there are lot of irresponsible dev groups out there taking advantage of the pre-buyer's, inXile aren't going anywhere. They're been making this thing for only a couple years and had ACTUAL results in what, less than a year? Fargo's not the kind of bloke to jsut bail. It's all polishing now. You're money's safe. I guarantee it =D *zips out the door*.

I agree, the extra few pennies now quite possibly isn't worth it, but I personally would have loved to have pumped a hunjy or whatever it was to get myself a character name in the game. Not sure why I didn't, actually =O
            Hi

Comment

Originally posted by entropy View Post
              I mean $60 USD sound quite expensive to me.
              Especially for a digital copy!

Comment

My God this game looks amazing. I am a fallout tactics / fallout 1 / fallout 2 etc... fan and after watching this I am now sold!
                But I has no $$

I'll definitely play this in Linux, or even windows.

Comment

Working...
                X