Fedora Workstation Is Making Me Quite Excited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justmy2cents View Post
    i'm more or less refraining my self to post on fedora or gnome articles (except few occasions that were too much of a joke to pass on) so, i kinda apologize on this rant of mine, but i simply could not swallow this and avoid writing comment

really? after making so many deviations from how other oses/toolkits work in general and making consistent cross platform coding so much harder (i named those way too many times, so... why bother again. not to mention i would avoid it in case if i didn't read this BS of purest form),...

this is what you say? appreciate? strange way of appreciation, like saying thanks with bullets
    so i don't just bash on topic where i would originally prefer to be quiet, at least biggest bug in my book was fixed in gtk. found out after posting this, would mention this otherwise. csd now contains appmenu and this probably fixes gnome apps in other environments, not to mention appmenu stops breaking cross platform development and actually becomes viable to use

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      Gosh, it was in some thread three or so months ago and not a too major topic in the overall discussion. I believe some KDE SIG member raised the point but I could be wrong.
      If you find a reference that is substantial, feel free to point to it. Otherwise it appears you are railing up for no real reason.

Comment

Work for station

Fedora workstation is quite silly. What that word means to you? Real work station has to be either LTS, like RHEL and Ubuntu, or has to be a quite good and stable rolling release.
        I was using Fedora as a workstation as a matter of fact, and it was PITA. All checks I have/had to do in such situations are really pain in the ass, literally. If one has few servers like Subversion, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL or Postgre, and few (In my case usually two, sometimes 3 or even four) VMs, and bunch of private related things, good luck with updating every year, year and a half, and enjoy the stress if you waited until the last minute.

I would choose either Ubuntu, or Gentoo, in the last time Ubuntu, since I simply didn't have enough time to setup a Gentoo box. Ubuntu served me well for years now, and I was updating for few releases without any real issues, until now, where update pretty borked the system, so I had to do a clean install. It was boring but it helped with some issues, I would never expect. Like my Win 7 VM, which runs from a Corsair SSD, started running fast again, as it should. Sorry for a little OT...

Comment

Working...
        X