Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qt HiDPI Support Is On Hold For A Few Months

Default Qt HiDPI Support Is On Hold For A Few Months

Phoronix: Qt HiDPI Support Is On Hold For A Few Months

Discussed at the Qt Contributor Summit and now turning into an Internet discussion is that the Qt High-DPI support is on hold...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTczMjY

There is a summer break.

Coming soon to a cross-platform application and UI framework near you.

Hidpi support on desktop (Windows, Linux) is few years late already. How the f did it happen?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucic View Post
    Hidpi support on desktop (Windows, Linux) is few years late already. How the f did it happen?!
    I can't test it due to the lack of Hidpi hardware, however, GTK+3.12 and GNOME 3.12 should support Hdpi just fine.

This blog post is from a year ago:
    http://blogs.gnome.org/alexl/2013/06...port-in-gnome/

Should be all in place right now.

Non-expensive monitor has resolution 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 and non-expensive laptop has 1366x768.

Default Re

I solved for myself the problem with C++11 user-defined literals.
    I can do now something like "height: 2cm" and it will be 2 cm on any resolution...

Quote Originally Posted by JS987 View Post
    Non-expensive monitor has resolution 1920x1080 or 1920x1200 and non-expensive laptop has 1366x768.
    and well HiDPI hardware is barely starting coming to PCs, even today only few very expensive laptops have HiDPI screens and there is only 2 monitors/Tv with 4K below $2k

in mobile is another story tho

I'm guessing because the demand isn't high enough. IMO, gaming is the only thing that puts any use to high DPI/PPI. Otherwise it's just a pain in the ass and offers no benefit other than a slightly smoothed image. I would some day like 300PPI (or at least ~250) to be a standard and anything higher than that just isn't of interest to me. Audio works the same way - there's a certain point where you can't notice a difference anymore.

Gnome upset me so much. In the 2.x days it worked fine with 150 dpi. Their ridiculous nonsense with forcing 96 dpi didn't do anything useful and it is incredibly hard to turn off.

All of MY display hardware properly reports its physical size. For those that don't a simple question popup would have solved it.

I've got a 13" 1920x1080, a 30" 2560x1600 and a 28" 4K. NONE of those is 96 dpi.

Grr.