Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Benchmarks Of Many Lightweight Window Managers

Phoronix: Linux Benchmarks Of Many Lightweight Window Managers

An individual has been doing a lot of benchmarks recently from various lightweight window managers ranging from Openbox to Fvwm2 to Fluxbox with Compton and Awesome and Cairo-compmgr...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

My installed system is Kubuntu 14.04 amd64. Applications used in benchmarks are from Ubuntu repository and phoronix test suite. Exception is cairo-compmgr compiled from source. Source is from https://github.com/gandalfn/Cairo-Co...er/tree/master.
    Every benchmark was done after restart. Then I don't logged via lightdm but via ctrl-alt-f1 ctrl-alt-f2 to accordingly root and normal account. Then from root I stopped lightdm service and started X via: "DISPLAY=:0; export DISPLAY=:0; /etc/X11/xinit/xserverrc &" and on normal account started window manager example: "DISPLAY=:0 ; export DISPLAY=:0 ; awesome &"
    Configuration for Compton in tests: "Openbox with tint2 and compton", "Fluxbox with compton and tint2", "Fvwm2 with compton and tint2" was copy-pasted form duncanlock.net. In test "Openbox with compton" configuration was removed and compton was starded via command: "compton -c --backend glx --vsync opengl-swc --paint-on-overlay --glx-no-stencil --glx-no-rebind-pixmap &".

Comment

i3-wm would be very interesting, I think even more users than awesome-wm use it and its clearly faster than awesome-wm.

maybe I am wrong but this are the 2 biggest tiling wms

Comment

List of test is shorter but is in my opinion long enought. Here you are i3 with compton and i3 with unagi:
        OpenBenchmarking.org, Phoronix Test Suite, Linux benchmarking, automated benchmarking, benchmarking results, benchmarking repository, open source benchmarking, benchmarking test profiles

Comment

Working...
        X