Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Is Coming To Linux

I'm pretty sure Origin as an entity was absorbed by EA many moons ago. There haven't been any games published as Origin since... I'd say Ultima Online. Well pretty much, just verified on mobygames.com that 2006 was the last expansion of Ultima Online published by ORIGIN Systems, Inc. They also Published a Wing Commander 1+2 in 2011, but I'm sure that was just a republish. Though it also says that the studio was closed on Febuary 25, 2004. Sad sad days. They made some of my favorite games.

Quote Originally Posted by leech View Post
    I'm pretty sure Origin as an entity was absorbed by EA many moons ago. There haven't been any games published as Origin since... I'd say Ultima Online. Well pretty much, just verified on mobygames.com that 2006 was the last expansion of Ultima Online published by ORIGIN Systems, Inc. They also Published a Wing Commander 1+2 in 2011, but I'm sure that was just a republish. Though it also says that the studio was closed on Febuary 25, 2004. Sad sad days. They made some of my favorite games.
    Did I mention that I don't like EA? Origin was good until EA took over.

Quote Originally Posted by b15hop View Post
    Did I mention that I don't like EA? Origin was good until EA took over.
    You guys talking aboit the company or the software, Orogin?

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    The company that made such great games as the Ultima series, No Remorse, Autoduel, etc. Speaking of Autoduel, who owns the video game rights to that? Steve Jackson still? If I were ever to get into programming enough that I could design a game, it'd be an Autoduel game. Loved that one.

Quote Originally Posted by stiiixy View Post
    So tell me when Origin will be next released on Linux? (the software)

I doubt you will ever see EA publish games on Linux. Android maybe, but not directly to Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by b15hop View Post
    So tell me when Origin will be next released on Linux? (the software)

I doubt you will ever see EA publish games on Linux. Android maybe, but not directly to Linux.
    Okey dokey. Not sure how you managed that. I was just clarifying whay Origin tjey wete talking abouy. Nothing to do with Windows, Linux etc.

So, did anyone else read that this is a mod for Civ:5 in the same vein as Colonisation was for Civ 4? And apparently coming in October 2014 and Amazon is probably asking 27E* for it?

It should have Linux support by de facto now that base-Civ5 is on Linux.

Anyway, http://www.civilization.com/uk/games...-beyond-earth/ and steam had some links for the rest.

*27E is about 38 US/AU/NZ space bucks and 21 arse pounds.