• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by moilami View Post
    Edit: I can tell you a few tips how to be successful in life:

1) be a good human

2) earn your stuff by yourself

3) do what you want.

It is simple as that.
    i can assure you it is NOT as simple as that. and in my experience ALL people claiming that missed something else important that actually made the difference.

Comment

• Originally posted by moilami View Post
      Hahahaha, this was so very funny that I approve what you wrote. However, objectively speaking your writing was openly aggressive and paranoid.

I can tell you that I earned voluntarily and without anyone directing or suggesting me to do so money for my toys when I was below school age by doing favors to neighbours. At age about 10 I opened my own flea shop. At age 12 I begat my first real job as a hired person. At 14 I travelled with my friend, who was not my momma, abroad with money earned as hired personnel. I bought tons of computer games and stuff with money earned myself. At age 16 I was accepted to college with special admission to study chemistry. At 18 I started a very succesfull private enterneuship.
      Made-up internet credentials impress no-one.

I have seen more life than you can maybe even imagine of. I have educated myself at college/university level for years studying very wide range of subjects from "women studies" to discrete mathematics. I have two kids, I have a great home, I can do what I want, and I am happy of my life. I am not your average Joe who you can target with whatever crap propaganda.

I always find it very funny when people imagine they know all kind of things of someone because they did read something he has written lol.
      TL;DR

Comment

• Originally posted by dee. View Post
        Made-up internet credentials impress no-one.

TL;DR
        I know, but certain things remains as facts, and that is what matters. I know what are the facts. You don't know. You can only believe me or be cynically "critical", which I guess might be better than paranoid If you would be able to do this "critical thinking", then you might just be able to think critically and admit that oh wow, those can very well be the facts. However, I doubt you are able to do this much touted less understood critical thinking

Comment

• Originally posted by a user View Post
          i can assure you it is NOT as simple as that. and in my experience ALL people claiming that missed something else important that actually made the difference.
          I argue it is strategically as simple as that. The list does tell what you can do and what you should do, what are your responsibilities in your life. Tactically it is, naturally, more complex because more low level individual detail appear as a base to base important choises one have to make - including but not limited the random factor called luck, which in its most obvious form means life is much more easy if one meets the right people at the right time. Because of that individual detail and luck factor it is impossible to give tactical advice on life, which means one should not begin to say how someone else should live his life. Anyway, I further argue that if one does have his strategy of life well defined and planned, then the tactics of life are easier to manage.

Also, being succesfull in life does not mean you get everything in life you want because the lesson number one is one can't get everything. Maturity is perhaps needed to understand that to appreciate more what one has got, if that all important lesson has not been learned in childhood.

Comment

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
            No doubt someone will call me troll or sexist, but I just have to post this link.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...conflict-.html
            That was so very awful reading. I suspect there happened to be a few psychopaths, which unstabilised the whole organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vim_User View Post
              It doesn't matter at all if outreach programs work or if they are justified. It is actually totally missing the point: Gnome Foundation runs out of money while financing non-essential programs.
              Outreach programs is the most essential part of Gnome Foundation. Getting new people willing to contribute their time to free software is essential, more female developers strengthen the movement and allow to create a better free software. BTW OPW is for fellow hackers, one of us.
              RBEU #1000000000 - Registered Bad English User

Comment

• Originally posted by sobkas View Post
                Outreach programs is the most essential part of Gnome Foundation. Getting new people willing to contribute their time to free software is essential, more female developers strengthen the movement and allow to create a better free software. BTW OPW is for fellow hackers, one of us.
                It is non-essential, because it is not necessary for the Gnome Foundation to survive. What is necessary is not to run out of money.

Comment

Originally posted by krasnoglaz
                  The Gnome Foundation basically is an Outreach Program for Women. Thanks to Karen Sandler.
                  Originally posted by 3G6A5W338E
                  That's what happens when management uses organisation to push their private political views [1], rather than simply ensuring usability of software they should care of [2].

[1] "The Outreach Program for Women (OPW) helps women (cis and trans) and genderqueer get involved in free and open source software." (https://gnome.org/opw/)
                  [2] Think Gnome 3 and its "great" usability.
                  The logical conclusion: GNOME will cease to make software and will survive as an Outreach Program for Women. Which is not bad at all.

Comment

There is no need to do gender separation with that outreach program. It is unfair and outrageous. A scandal to say the least.

The gender is not a factor in software developing skills. It is a factor in who can give birth to babies. New members strenghten the movement and allow to create better software, be they women or men. I will not use nor promote Gnome in any way before they have ended that absolutely outrageous and unfair program.

Comment

• Originally posted by tarceri View Post
                      Your post boggles the mind. I wasn't sure where to start so I googled the word Contradiction for you

Contradiction
                      In classical logic, a contradiction consists of a logical incompatibility between two or more propositions. It occurs when the propositions, taken together, yield two conclusions which form the logical, usually opposite inversions of each other.

Ok you completely lost me. What is contradictory in what I typed?

Yet

Yes thats right remove choice and everything gets shoved down your throat. While I don't disagree that with some things it better to contribute rather than compete you should be aware that there is always pros and cons to each approach. After all isn't choice one of the reasons we are not using Windows in the first place.
                      There are no Pro's to a fragmented linux userbase....none.
                      All those mom and pop Distro's does nothing for Linux

Comment

Working...
                      X