Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Btrfs Gets A Few More Linux 3.15 Changes

Phoronix: Btrfs Gets A Few More Linux 3.15 Changes

For the Linux 3.15 kernel were already a lot of Btrfs bug and performance fixes, but now late into the 3.15 merge window have been some more fixes...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

It really sucks how on Arch or its derivatives, you have to try building LLVM from their SVN from scratch to get the radeonSI gl 3.3 shader compiler. Arch got Mesa 10.1 like a month ago but I won't see 3.3 and Metro Last Light until summer. Meanwhile, 14.04 has backported the patches. I wouldn't want a backport, though, I like the canonical (heh) releases the way the devs want them.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
      It really sucks how on Arch or its derivatives, you have to try building LLVM from their SVN from scratch to get the radeonSI gl 3.3 shader compiler. Arch got Mesa 10.1 like a month ago but I won't see 3.3 and Metro Last Light until summer. Meanwhile, 14.04 has backported the patches. I wouldn't want a backport, though, I like the canonical (heh) releases the way the devs want them.
      The article above this one is about LLVM, this one is about btrfs.

Comment

Wrong thread?

Anyhow, the pull request has some work to the scrub.c has some work, with the commend: "Btrfs: scrub raid56 stripes in the right way". Does this mean that Raid 5/6 scrubbing is finally working? If so, this is huge news. It would be great if RAID5/6 is finally ready for use.

Comment

Hunh, thats odd, how in the world did I get in the btrfs article from the llvm one.

Comment

Originally posted by benmoran View Post
            Wrong thread?

Anyhow, the pull request has some work to the scrub.c has some work, with the commend: "Btrfs: scrub raid56 stripes in the right way". Does this mean that Raid 5/6 scrubbing is finally working? If so, this is huge news. It would be great if RAID5/6 is finally ready for use.
            Wow! Nice catch. I haven't seen that picked up anywhere else, but you're right. That's huge. (Especially for me, because I just built a Btrfs Raid6 in hopes that scrub would come around eventually)

Comment

Working...
            X