Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Details On Wine's GPU Video Decode Plans

Phoronix: More Details On Wine's GPU Video Decode Plans

With the Wine 1.7.16 release that happened two weeks ago there was stub functions for Microsoft DxVA video acceleration. The support wasn't actually implemented, but we now have more of an idea for the Wine plans in handling DirectX Video Acceleration...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

About hardware video decoding/encoding. Do any of the host based (type 2) virtualization software translate hardware video decoding/encoding calls between the guest and host?

Comment

Originally posted by pumahove View Post
      About hardware video decoding/encoding. Do any of the host based (type 2) virtualization software translate hardware video decoding/encoding calls between the guest and host?
      Best guess would be MAYBE Vmware, but thats a maybe. KVM is still working on GPU Acceleration in the VM so thats a no, and probably not Virtualbox, just given their level of quality and efficiency in the past.

EDIT: Microsoft Virtual PC might, only because I think thats restricted to Windows Clients On Windows Hosts, so they could very easily pass through the decode API
      All opinions are my own not those of my employer if you know who they are.

Comment

So use libvlc too? Why don't use vlc or gstreamer?

Comment

Working...
        X